I have a funny idea...

sprocket

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
You know that hilarious add from the Craigslist thread?
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3644059497.html

We should have a little contest amongst ourselves to see who can edit it the best, correcting all his mistakes and making the car sound just fantastic. It should look like an English major wrote the ad. Then we choose the winner and email him the updated ad and suggest he use it. Then see if he really does use it.:D

Okay, I'll bite:

"Currently in my possession is a Second Generation Lincoln Mark VIII base model which I acquired from a gentleman from Peoria, IL. The asking price at this time is $2,000.00 or best offer. I have owned this amazing vehicle for approximately six months and have enjoyed it immensely! I recently purchased another vehicular conveyance and no longer require the services of said Lincoln Mark VIII as a daily commuter vehicle. This vehicle has served me well and is truly a wonderful car in every respect. I honestly would rather not sell it, but unfortunately, the current economic downturn has left me somewhat wanting monetarily. Therefore, I am reluctantly forced to sell this fantastic car to another quite lucky individual. This almost pristine example of the GEN2 Lincoln Mark VIII has approximately 198,000 miles at this time. Please do not be alarmed by the seemingly high mileage as these miles were accumulated mostly on the highway. This vehicle had approximately 172, 000 miles when ownership passed to me. The upper and lower front ball joints, radiator, electric cooling fan, starter, fuel pump, front and rear brake pads, rear shock absorbers, battery, and alternator have all been recently replaced with new parts. This vehicle is in extremely good condition with the exception of the driver’s side catalytic converter. It will require replacement soon. For more information about this prime example of Lincoln excellence, call 773.331.8075 and ask for DJ. Thank you so much for perusing my advertisement with this premier website and it is my hope that my Lincoln will pass from my hands into the ownership of a proper Lincoln aficionado who will appreciate it as much as I have."

My turn:

"It is with a heavy heart that I offer up for sale the finest vehicle I have ever driven. My beauty is a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII. I offer her for the very reasonable price of $2000, or best offer. I truly do not wish to part with her, but after much soul searching I have decided that the economics say "sell" even though my heart says "keep". You see, I am a student and primarily drive her from my home in Chicago to college in Peoria, thus virtually all of the miles I put on her are highway miles. She has always been a joy to drive and I have religiously replaced whatever components needed replacing. This includes but is not limited to, upper and lower control arms, new radiator, new brake pads and rotors, rear springs, new battery, and new alternator. There is now evidence that the driver's side catalytic convertor may be reaching the end of its lifespan. This really is the only thing that needs attention at this time. Other than that one issue, she is in excellent condition. I choose to part with her now because economically it just makes more sense for me to drive a smaller vehicle to and from school that is a bit easier on the gas. I have obtained a vehicle that fits this need, although it pales by comparison to her in terms of luxury, power, ride, and handling.

I purchased her from a gentleman in Peoria who literally shed tears when he reluctantly sold her to me. At that time she had 172,000 miles on the odometer. Driving back and forth to school I have increased that mileage to the current 198,000. The previous owner assured me that when she was his girl, he drove her mostly on the highway for his business.

If you would like her to be yours please contact me. My phone number is 773-331-8075. My name is DJ. Her name is Christine."

He must have one of those special edition odometers..... 198,xxx,xxx. I wonder if Ford would buy it back once it reached 200 million miles? Lol

Also, if you can find em, I hear cadillac catyveters are worth a lot more than those rinkydink catylitic converters.

wonder if that is DIANE ULRIC mark . if so it has gone down hill. her husband had it iin execellent condidation when we meet up at HOOTERS in farting lady and shot the potatoes into the illinois river. jd

Farting woman..... that's fantastic.... texting that to my buddy who lives in Chicago tomorrow.... err today.

wonder if that is DIANE ULRIC mark . if so it has gone down hill. her husband had it iin execellent condidation when we meet up at HOOTERS in farting lady and shot the potatoes into the illinois river. jd

WHAT? I can't tell if you're trying to make fun of his writing style or if you write the same way.:confused:

"execellent condidation" HAH HAH HAH

What lady was farting at Hooters?

"shot the potatoes" I don't believe I am familiar with that metaphor. :confused:

Oh I get it! Farting lady is Peoria. Sorry I'm a little slow.:rolleyes: Didn't mean to poke fun at your post. It's funny as hell now that I understand it.:cool:

Potato Cannons have been a fixture of the central Illinois LVC meets for years.

Does'nt matter where either.

Downtown Peoria is fair game.

Members online

No members online now.
Back