I Hate Mustangs Official Thread!

Lincoln Jealous

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
as lincoln ls owners, it seems we are targeted by the owners of mustangs. i am seeing this more often now and i have decided to make a thread for anyone that wants to talk sh!t about the "disgustangs" , this is the thread to let out any frustration you may have built up.

thank you

addsscc.JPG

Sorry man, can't agree with you on this one. I'm a dyed in the wool Mustang fanatic. ;)

Have had, '73 Mach 1, '80 Hatch, '87 GT conv. (2) '89 GT's, '90 GT, 92 GT. Still have the 2nd '89 which is in my pictures.

For an everyday cruiser I think the Lincolns are the best. My '90 MK7 LSC SE was like a barcalounger on wheels. :D

err wasnt the mark VIII considered the "luxury" version of the mustang? like the town car to the taurus etc...
No on both counts. The last generations of the Continental were on the same platform as the Taurus, but the Mark VIII's closest cousin was the '89-'97 T-Bird--and they were on separate platforms, although the Mark's FN10 platform was derived from the T-Bird's MN12. The Mark VII, on the other hand, was on the Fox platform with the Mustang, but so were most of Ford's unibody RWD sedans and coupes in the '80s. The Town Car, BTW, was on the Panther platform with the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis, and had no relation to the Taurus, other than being under the Ford umbrella.

Back on topic, I can't join in on the Mustang hate. I'm a true-blue dyed in the wool Mustang lover. And that's one God-awful disgusting graphic you have there.:yuck:

No on both counts. The last generations of the Continental were on the same platform as the Taurus, but the Mark VIII's closest cousin was the '89-'97 T-Bird--and they were on separate platforms, although the Mark's FN10 platform was derived from the T-Bird's MN12. The Mark VII, on the other hand, was on the Fox platform with the Mustang, but so were most of Ford's unibody RWD sedans and coupes in the '80s. The Town Car, BTW, was on the Panther platform with the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis, and had no relation to the Taurus, other than being under the Ford umbrella.

Back on topic, I can't join in on the Mustang hate. I'm a true-blue dyed in the wool Mustang lover. And that's one God-awful disgusting graphic you have there.:yuck:

I like to think the LS is the modern day mid 60's Cougar(it's a beautiful car btw). About as fast as the regular GT level Mustang of it's day, but all luxuried out. The guy who lives across the street from me has one that has a badge that looks like Jags logo. He said it was only on for a year or two because they got sued by Jaguar for it. Our cars have a lot of Jag influece, and that car had a Jag logo. Put two and two together. :p

I can't hate on the Mustang. Many of them are beautiful. And it's a cool car to see driving around in the mix of boring Japanese cars. Some stupid high schooler who has a Mach 1 '07 or '08 Mustang parks out in the street by my house sometimes. It is a seriously cool car. But still - the LS rules, Mustangs drool.

Like some of the Mustangs, also. (the 03/04 Cobra and the 08/09 Bullitt, in particular)

No hate here, either. If it wasn't for the fact that it's a "me too" car, I woulda had one. That's the main reason I built up my 87 LSC.

I have outraced 3 mustangs back when my car was stock then a modified (I assume intake/exhaust) came rollin up and wanted to race me across the overpass, It was pretty close but still won......I don't dare to race the Roush, Shelby's, and Saleens :p not yet that is :-D

then why is it our interior and 3.9L v8 is what the Tbird has? so tell me that!!!! we're just a 4door/luxury Tbird

then why is it our interior and 3.9L v8 is what the Tbird has? so tell me that!!!! we're just a 4door/luxury Tbird
As stated, the '89-'97 T-Bird was on the MN12 platform. The '02-'05 T-Bird was on a variant of the LS's DEW-98 platform.

No. Because the Mark VIII and the Thunderbirds were sport coupes.
The LS is a sedan.

The LS is more like a Volvo S60.

The LS is more like a Volvo S60.
Insofar as they're both sedans, maybe, but even then, not really; they have completely different powertrains, powertrain layouts, chassis architectures, and driving dynamics. There really is no analogue for the LS (and the DEW-98 platform) in Ford's portfolio. You have the LS, the '02-'05 T-Bird, the S-Type, and the Jag XF (if you want to count its evolution of DEW-98 as part of the family), but there was really nothing at all like it in Ford's corporate history, and there's certainly nothing like it in Ford's near future (unless you move to Australia).

so basically the LS is a Gen 9 and Gen 10 Mark :p by Tbird standards :p
No, T-Birds and LSes have nothing to do with Marks. The Mark VIII's FN10 chassis was derived from the MN12 T-Bird, but they're not the same, and neither MN12 nor FN10 are the same as DEW-98. They may have started from the MN12 or FN10 chassis when they began the design process for DEW-98, but the end result bears very little, if any, resemblance to either.

good information to know for the future...so basically the design platform of the ls is one of a kind..in a way....well that's something to make ya wanna hold onto it even more..even with peak oil f*cking us up...but i shouldnt worry...i live up the street from work and everything i need :-D except mah hoes!

$500 in a mustang gets you a lot more power than an LS...

I always thought the Jag XJ6 was a DEW98 platform, it looks exactly like an LS.

ish

Jaguar+XJ6-review-l.jpg

AS stated by someonen else, the S-Type was on the same platform, I don't think the xj6 was.

About Mustangs, I don't HATE them, but I would never own one. I like racing them though. I never completely smoke them, but they never pull ahead. I haven't met a modded one yet though. I'd assume a few cheap bolt ons on a newer GT, and I'd be toast.

Until the TCI streetfighter, that is.

AS stated by someonen else, the S-Type was on the same platform, I don't think the xj6 was.

About Mustangs, I don't HATE them, but I would never own one. I like racing them though. I never completely smoke them, but they never pull ahead. I haven't met a modded one yet though. I'd assume a few cheap bolt ons on a newer GT, and I'd be toast.

Until the TCI streetfighter, that is.

call it what you want but one of my drivers owns a 95gt with full length headers, off road x pipe, cai, 4.10 rears and a t-56 swap. from a dead stop he will smoke me, but at a 20 roll, we are door to door....to catch an ls from a stop is one thing, but from a roll, we are pretty quick...stock for stock, on a roll we will take em

As a Mark VIII owner I can't really HATE the Mustang...after all the mustang cobra is useing our heart!

Members online

No members online now.
Back