I Got Wood!

beechcraft11

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well since that got your attention,

n1192650407_30677002_710.jpg

I bought a 4ft roll off ebay for 35$. Got about half of it left for whatever.
I put some thin leather stripping around the edges to make it pop a little.

Good idea? Too much?

not very bad, but I think you need to make em look a like, the left one looks rounder than the right one.

I'm not a fan... but it doesn't look HORRIBLE; whatever gets you "excited"

Artur is def. right about them being uneven, the driver's is more rounded than the pass.

At one time someone was offering a fold down tray that attached or replaced the seat back in wood grain. It was large enough to put a laptop on. Use to see it on eBay, guess it never caught on because I haven’t seen it in years. IIRC it was pricey.

At one time someone was offering a fold down tray that attached or replaced the seat back in wood grain. It was large enough to put a laptop on. Use to see it on eBay, guess it never caught on because I haven’t seen it in years. IIRC it was pricey.

It was similar to the seat back you find on an airliner for a food tray.

Here's a better picture, even though it looks like the initial interest in this topic has passed...
n1192650407_30679648_8793.jpg

cool...i like it, and considering how difficult it might have been, a damn good job...i've done leatherwork by hand and its hard to get stuff symmetrical...i mean really hard...

Love the wood, love the car...but I do not see any other wood. There are other shades of gray on the doors and the center console, even though I really like the wood, I think I would have tried to match the gray on the console and door to allow the colors to flow together, imho. Your creativity is hot though, keep it up ;)

Smooches
MsM8

Nice idea, great project, good fabrication, but it still look like fake wood and IMHO detract from the interior.

Love the wood, love the car...but I do not see any other wood. There are other shades of gray on the doors and the center console, even though I really like the wood, I think I would have tried to match the gray on the console and door to allow the colors to flow together, imho. Your creativity is hot though, keep it up

Smooches
MsM8

Actually i have woodgrain kit, its just not in the picture. That was part of my inspiration.

Members online

No members online now.
Back