I finally got my Tacanas on

Talbotway

Sexy Hotrod Lincoln
Reaction score
Well I have LOVED these wheels since I first laid eyes on Mlara's car! Found a set for 250.000 in great shape. I was going to go with Continentals DWS but at close to a Grand the Sales guy talked me in to what he called the next best thing, th Cooper RS-3 I got in to these mounted balenced out the door 650.00 so I was pretty happy.

The size,, Well Mlara's fitment thread had 245/45/18 rear and 225/45/18 front and they looked good so being that I had just blew out a side wall on a pot hole last month on a stock 50 series, I thought i'd stay with the 45 instead of risking another pot hole issue on the 40 series.

SO the tires are on, and I don't think I have to worry about pot holes!! These suckers are BIG! Now I gotta worry about the drop causeing rubbing in the back. I measured 2 inches in gap on both front and rear, I would really like to hear real drops from you guys with the Eibach's! If they only drop an inch I should be good. The tire shop guy was like,, lets do it!! if they rub we can roll the fender lip. All at once I started hearing the sounds of the old time cash registers going off in my head!! So I really want to aviod that if I can.

I fell in love with this car last June and I have now upgraded to 6000K HUD low beams and fogs, tire/wheel combo LightWurks angel eyes and after seeing RodLS pictures I can see that painted calibers are in my near future.
I'd love to go with a double dinn nav but another grand just isn't in the budget!!

P3130041-1.jpg

P3130043-1-1.jpg

P3130044.jpg

Yumm... Looks so sick
but not a fan of the chrome grille ever but if you like it, ALL GOOD!
And slap those springs on already! If you don't like it (I know you will) then just take them back off..

Looks awesome. Lowering time. I'm sure Mlara will tell you if it scraped or not.

Looks clean! All you need is that lower chrome trim piece for the bumper.

Tucanas*** how many ways are you going to misspell it? lmao

They look sick on your car. I thought they were meant to be on a white LS. But they look just as good on black.

You will have no rubbing issues whatsoever with eibachs. So drop it ASAP lol

LOL Yea, I'm a bit ADHD so I will mess up the spelling a few more times,, OK,, it's going in the shop tonight!! I'll have new pics by sat.

Thanks for the advice!

Looks good. Do you have any Lincoln center caps? I used the ones of my stock wheels, fit just fine.

I'm going to get 255/40 this summer. With my current 225 and 245 the front wheels look way smaller.

Don't mean to get this off topic, but did you paint your grill? If you did, what did you use?

do a quick google search for "painted grille." youll get a lot of results. They used to be all the rave. Not many new threads about it recently though.

Speaking of grilles, you should get a LSE grille. Your current one looks like poo :p

Op lolz

I actually like yours, the LSE looks good but I prefer black centers because they match the bottom. Makes it look more sporty.

I am looking for the LSE grille. I spoke with Soopa last summer about doing the murdered out look, but I wanted to spend time with the chrome since it was more expensive to go back to chrome. I like alot of the guys with the all black,, still an option.
Elmeno, I had the shop that painted my car paint the lower bumper valiance and the grille at the same time. I hated the grey and wasn't ready to go all out black, not in stock form so I guess I'm getting closer.

RodLS, If I could go back I'd get the 40 Series also!! Come on man! the grille doesn't look that bad.....I don't have the Lincoln Center caps I had the 7 spoke alloy from 2004 so it had the big cap that went around the lugs. To be honest,,, I really liked the Jag on the cap,, I thought it was cool and different. I only have seen 4 LS's in town, NONE are customized in any way shape or form so I wanted to continue widening the gap. I also wished I would have gone 255 in the rear,, I looked but Cooper didn't make it in 45series, and so my original mistake has come back to bite me again!!

I didn;t get the car to the shop today, my daughters Accord over heated so I spent the afternoon in the mall parking lot changeing tempature sensors and thermostat.
So maybe tomorrow it can go in.

Elmeno, I had the shop that painted my car paint the lower bumper valiance and the grille at the same time. I hated the grey and wasn't ready to go all out black, not in stock form so I guess I'm getting closer.
Thanks... I was thinking of doing my car this weekend using Krylon Fusion... But I started to rethink it seeing as how visible the grill is. Probably should have a shop do it, but if they want too much forget it. In the end I want an LSE grill.

Members online

No members online now.
Back