Hurricane Sandy: Members Okay?

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
We have a number of members in the path of the Hurricane. Everyone and their families okay? D, Mlara, Stallone, 05 and any others I am forgetting......everyone safe?

I have a childhood neighbor who lives in the Wilmington DE area and he said it is getting serious quickly.

Thanks for asking/being concerned. So far we are. My area floods so im hoping for the best. Right now its just heavy rain.

Hope everyone else stays safe

I was about to start a thread myself. Thanks marc.

It was supposed to hit my area between 3-4pm est. it is 4:12 and thank God just strong winds and a bit of rain for now. Keep us in your prayers.

Everyone be safe. Don't be out unless absolutely necessary.

It already "kind of hit us" here in Florida before it turned around and headed for New England. Hope everyone is doing okay up there! We get hit with hurricanes all the time down here that are higher than Cat. 1, so just stay indoors and you'll be okay! Stay safe everyone!

affected members...all the best...

please remember to keep all valuable items as high as possible... (pics, computers, heirlooms, etc.)

Also, please keep all McClarens, rims, and angel eye kits somewhere safe also!!! :D

Seriously though, If any member needs anything..please PM me... always here to help or locate any help i can! Even if its just some support!!!

Have been going through power surges all day, but still have electricity.

All prepared with sadbags against the doors with the car locked in the garage. Water won't be a problem where i am, just have to watch out for the wind.

Marc, thank you for your concern and all the best to everyone! Hope everyone makes it through okay.

So far, just wet with some wind...

I get to drive through it for work so everyone will get their Wal Mart ads this Sunday.

Should be an interesting night.

Lea & Josh. How are things your way in VA and PA respectively?

tree branches keep falling on my roof but no damage yet...fingers crossed. The LS is in the garage =)

Be safe everyone!

I live in Fl and have exerienced enough of the "sandy" things stay inside and you all should be good.

Bunker down boys, Hope everyone makes it through okay. All the best.
and remember, the LS's first, then the children, then the woman. (j/k)

Good luck everyone. All this means for me down in Oklahoma is I'll be working my butt off for the next few weeks. A lot of my phone company customers are out of New York, and NYC has a lot of stupid paper cable from way back when they used paper as an insulator in phone wiring. Sea water and paper cable, as you can imagine... Anyway, it's already lined me up for overtime at least for the rest of the week. :D

Toronto here -

Lots of wind and rain. Nothing extreme at the moment. However our new castors said to expect some traffic and obviously power outages likely.

It's been raining all day in my area. No real winds but in some areas like VA Beach and Norfolk, there was some flooding as well other areas. Hope everyone north of me (VA) are doing ok as it head inland.

If you can see this, the size is mind blowing. http://twitpic.com/b8hvy5

2012 SUPER STORM

679399421.jpg

Sandy

49 hrs of rain so far, 8 - 11 inches expected. Normal winds 15 -25 mph, had gusts to 45 -50 mph. Got LS power washed. Rain will stop today around 2pm.
NYC/NJ getting worst part. Good luck everyone. Be smart. Be safe.

Western Queens by LaGuardia here...

Got lucky, kept the power all night and up high so no flooding.

90 mph winds, three huge trees broke and fell on cars on the street, the LS was parked 100 yards away and looks to be unscathed...whew!

Members online

Back