humpless

That infiniti has a what looks like ashamed hump. It's what our cars will look like. A turd.

Why would anyone want to shave the hump off the trunk of any Mark? Since the original Continental Mark II of 1956, all Marks (except the '58 MK III and '59 MK IV) have had the hump. It's part of the car's heritage. It's the one truely distinctive feature that makes a Mark special. What would be the purpose of elimitating it?

56mark.jpg 59 markiii.jpg 69markiii.jpg 72mark.jpg 74markiv.jpg 77markv.jpg 79mark.jpg 82mark.jpg mark vii.jpg

56mark.jpg

59 markiii.jpg

69markiii.jpg

72mark.jpg

74markiv.jpg

77markv.jpg

79mark.jpg

82mark.jpg

mark vii.jpg

Da Hump is what makes a Mark VIII unique and gives it ALOT of attitude, to shave Da Hump would be a sign of insanity. :D

I'm just glad they didn't put the spare tire where our hump is. That would suck. Leave the hump as is. At least it's not the old school huge hump.

Spoilers can go on with the hump there and at the same time, it deflects the look of the hump. Pics are on here somewhere.

Humps

LMAO.Thats good.I want to do the mod to a spare decklid in the fasion of what would have run in Nascar had they run it.You cant tell me the front end of these things wasnt designed in a wind tunnel and what was that for?Anyway I like the hump as well and these are damn good looking cars.I dont much care for a wing that follows the hump as it looks rather nopi to me.:D

Good. Save the humps!

Anyways,thaywood that car looks sick in your avatar. Could you tell me where I can see more pics of that ride?

The "hump" is one of the features that make a mark viii stand out from the rest....and still does! These cars were ahead of their time! Leave the hump alone....it never bothered anyone LOL

Last edited:
Good. Save the humps!

Anyways,thaywood that car looks sick in your avatar. Could you tell me where I can see more pics of that ride?

I found it while browsing yahoo images for '56 Continental Mark II. It's from Rod & Custom magazine. I didn't actually look it up, I just saved the thumbnail for my avatar. The '56 Mark II is my favorite car of all time. They look really good with a moderate custom job.

Ah, here it is:
http://rodcustom.automotive.com/134356/1005rc-1957-lincoln-continental-mark-ii/index.html

It's actually a 1957 Continental Mark II.

Members online

No members online now.
Back