How to wire 6x9's to base system.

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanna add 6x9's to my base system and don't know how I should wire them in. They will be amplified and I am sticking with the stock base stereo.

It should be pretty straight forward. Just run them off the same wiring for the rear door speakers.

When I added an amp back in 2001 I ran a set of wires from the HU back to the amp in the trunk then back up to the HU (yea, that was a LOT of wire!). I tapped off the rear speaker lines for the 6X9s I installed in the rear deck. To make it look more factory, I cut a hole in the rear deck and bought some interior fabric from an auto upholsterer (I have a black interior so it didn't look too awful). I glued the fabric over the holes and it turned out pretty well, IMHO,

you will need to use a line output converter, to get a signal from the rear speakers for the input of the amp, you will also need a ACC trigger to turn the amp on, the easiest place to get both is behind the radio. then run the RCA's from the LOC to the amp, then run power wires from the battery to the amp, then run speaker wire from the amp to the speakers.

run RCA's form your aftermarket deck to the aftermarket amp, then run power, ground, and turn on to the amp, then run speaker wire from the amp to the speakers.

Members online

Back