How to use Seafoam Trans Tune in '85 Continental?

Lili

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and hoping to learn how to take care of my 1985 Lincoln Continental; I absolutely love the car and hope to be able to restore it.

It now runs very rough intermittantly when I accelerate; the guy at Autozone said to add a can of Seafoam Trans Tune to my transmission fluid. I am not car savvy at all. Can I go ahead and add the whole can of Seafoam without worrying about overfilling the transmission?
Thanks so much...

Liliane

Lili said:
Hi,

I'm new here and hoping to learn how to take care of my 1985 Lincoln Continental; I absolutely love the car and hope to be able to restore it.

It now runs very rough intermittantly when I accelerate; the guy at Autozone said to add a can of Seafoam Trans Tune to my transmission fluid. I am not car savvy at all. Can I go ahead and add the whole can of Seafoam without worrying about overfilling the transmission?
Thanks so much...

Liliane

Just add the SeaFoam to the tranny as instructed:
SeaFoam Tranny cleaner
"With transmission at operating temperature, check the fluid level. Add 1/2 to 1 pint TRANS TUNE to the transmission fluid. This normally will not overfill the fluid level, however, the fluid level should never exceed the manufacturers recommended level. "

Members online

No members online now.
Back