How to stop the stupid seat???

BAIKINMAN

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought 03 LS6. When the ignition is switched off, the driver's seat automatically moves to the back of its track. My friends always get stuck in the back seat. I need the power seat, but just don't want it to move every time the ignition is off. I guess the moter is not cheap to replace. I can't afford to buy a new moter every year. Also, the last owner didn't replace the transmission, so I might need to fix the transmission soon. My LS has almost 100k mi. Has anyone replaced new transmission for 03-05 LS6? How much did it cost? Does anyone know how to stop the seat?

You need to set your "easy entry" setting to "off".
I can't remember the exact buttons right now, (my wife has the LS), but I think its "status"?
Just turn on the key, hit the status button till you see "easy entry", the hit reset until it reads "off".

Can't help on the tranny. My 03 hasn't hit 30k yet.
Good Luck!

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll check it later. Now, I'm worried the transmission. I still don't know about my LS very well :(
What are the major problems for 03 LS6? My LS is base V6 model.
I spent all my money to buy the LS, so don't really have money to
fix problem any more.

BAIKINMAN said:
Thanks for your quick reply. I'll check it later. Now, I'm worried the transmission. I still don't know about my LS very well :(
What are the major problems for 03 LS6? My LS is base V6 model.
I spent all my money to buy the LS, so don't really have money to
fix problem any more.
No money to fix the LS? Get a good warranty or get rid of it. Love my 03 but LOTS of $$$ to fix. Common 03 problems are coils/vc gaskets, transmissions (valve body/solenoid pack/failure), tbw system, window regulators (just did mine), etc. etc.

When all else fails read the owners manual.
If you don't have manual down load it.

BAIKINMAN said:
Also, the last owner didn't replace the transmission, so I might need to fix the transmission soon. My LS has almost 100k mi. Has anyone replaced new transmission for 03-05 LS6? How much did it cost? Does anyone know how to stop the seat?
:confused: The transmission isn't a service item, so I don't see how the last owner not replacing it would be a problem. If you're not having a problem with it, don't worry about it. If you are having a problem, start seraching in this forum, and you'll probably find a solution.

I've got an '03 LS6 as well. Bought it 2 years ago with 20,000kM left on the factory warranty. Had the solenoid pack replaced, and some other tranny work under warranty. After warranty TB replaced (didn't solve problem of engine stalling/dieing), PCM (powertrain control module), replaced all 3 passenger side coils..... still have the 'hammering', 'bad tranny feeling' when it shifts between 2-3 and 3-4.

Anyway, Unless you have the trip computer system (3 buttons below centre console vents) you have to have the DEALER deactivate the easy exit/entry.

Ohh, and my steering wheel sounds like 'The Grudge' movie sound effect when it goes in and out @ entry/exit. I've tried lubing all over to no avail.

If you have a V6, you're off to the dealer; the Message Center is only available on the V8s. I've heard rumors of a set of gyrations involving the ignition that could disable the Easy Entry feature, but I don't know anyone who's successfully done it.

Josuave said:
Anyway, Unless you have the trip computer system (3 buttons below centre console vents) you have to have the DEALER deactivate the easy exit/entry.

Bingo.

The V6 models DO NOT have the message center, and therefore the owner cannot make changes to the various systems, including the easy entry/exit feature. However, the dealer can make the changes for you.

Ok, my message center on my '03 LS has 4 buttons, not 3. I need to turn off my easy exit as well. I read this post and i tried the status button but i did not find that setting. Any ideas?

candh2205 said:
Ok, my message center on my '03 LS has 4 buttons, not 3. I need to turn off my easy exit as well. I read this post and i tried the status button but i did not find that setting. Any ideas?

Yes, I'd start with reading the owners manual. Not trying to be funny, but I believe your answer truly is in the manual.

With regards to the first poster of this thread...what makes you think that transmissions need replacing every 100k miles or less? In fact, the LS transmission (again..per the manual) doesnt need any form of servicing until 150k miles, if I recall. With that in mind, I decided to "play it safe" and have my tranny fluid flushed/exchanged via the machine at the local Ford dealership at 75k miles yesterday. (FYI: The LS Drivetrain is identical to the Ford Thunderbird drivetrain, so Ford dealerships can do the work on your LS just as well as an equivally competent Lincoln Dealership).

And if you lost it, there's a manual in the "Tech Docs" section of this site, or on Lincoln.com. hint: page 114 :D

Disabling that was the first thing I did when I got the car!

candh2205 said:

Whoever said the the message center is controlled by 3 buttons isn't paying attention. It has 4 buttons. And, yes, its very easy to switch off the easy entry/exit feature using those buttons. I'm not going to post how to do it though, because its explained in the manual.

does the car need to be started or should it be in the acc. position? I am sorry that I am having these problems, but I tried yesturday with the car running and i did not see the easy exit option.

I love this option cause when the girlfriend drives shes all smushed up there, being 5'4, then my tall lanky self gets in there being 6'4 & I dont have to worry about moving the seat or smashing my knees into the steering wheel, etc.

I figured it out. I read one of the messages above that said to hit the "status" button but it is under the "setup" button.

Members online

No members online now.
Back