How much is the Paint job for the LS

col batitong

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to know everyone's experience on how much they paid or know how much it will cost to paint the whole car (LS). I went to a body shop today just to get some info about it, they told me it will cost me $5,000. they said they will sand the car down, remove all the trim, everything. Is that a good price? I like to get some pricing so if the $$$ is right, I will get the car painted. Thanks.

$2500-$5000 are prices I've been quoted over the years. $5000 for them to do everything you were quoted will be about the average price.

ive seen full car paint jobs cost anywhere between $750 - $6000.

this is one area that you will truly get what you pay for!

the better the job, the more work that needs to get done, the more it is going to cost.

changing the color cost a lot more than same color (unless you want the original color in the engine bay and door jambs)

it will also really depend on what kind of paint used. (tri-stage, pearls, and candies need more layers)

This is a generic question. Prices varies by shops, the extent of the work, body work if needed, type of paint job (factory color, candy, pearls as mentioned above) just to name the few. My paint job is costing me $3500 to paint the whole car back black. One member on here paid $1500 and he changed the color on his LS. It just all depends on the shop or person. Remember you get what you pay for. Make sure you look at their work if you can before make a decision on the shop. As Jolinc said, that about an average price for going back the same color.

I had 75% of my car repainted after some hail damage (only one or two tiny dimples per surface, but insurance covered it).

Their total charge was well over $4k, with paint being the majority of the costs.

So your quote doesn't sound too far off at all. Unfortunately with autobody work, you do get what you pay for.

You could always buy another LS that's in better condition if you plan on spending that much.

We are needing to paint ours, however I just got the pearl white one.. Thinking maybe a full body swap would be easier.. and much cheaper.. 5,000 is some dinero, and for a car that only books at 7000.00 I think it would be smart to just keep it as is.

We are needing to paint ours, however I just got the pearl white one.. Thinking maybe a full body swap would be easier.. and much cheaper.. 5,000 is some dinero, and for a car that only books at 7000.00 I think it would be smart to just keep it as is.

Wow y'all made me think, I will still look around and see if there are any place that would do it cheaper, if not maybe I would just do the Above.:confused::eek:

hello, every one I have a 2001lincoln ls & I'm going to 2 tone it with the original 2001 Lincoln ls colors from ford . I've already purchased the upper half called charcoal atom red pearl, this red cost me $300.00 dollars &the bottom argental dark charcoal green pear is also $300.00dolars. The paint shop that is going to do the work is charging me $3500.00 but that includes walnut blasting the whole upper half , sanding the bottom half , priming the whole car then painting it. For a total of $4,100.00 dollars.
Fortunately no body work needs to be done ,

hello, every one I have a 2001lincoln ls & I'm going to 2 tone it with the original 2001 Lincoln ls colors from ford . I've already purchased the upper half called charcoal atom red pearl, this red cost me $300.00 dollars &the bottom argental dark charcoal green pear is also $300.00dolars. The paint shop that is going to do the work is charging me $3500.00 but that includes walnut blasting the whole upper half , sanding the bottom half , priming the whole car then painting it. For a total of $4,100.00 dollars.
Fortunately no body work needs to be done ,
That sounds great. But AFAIK those are not original LS colors. Definitely not for 2001. What color is the car now?
But if you do this please post some pictures.

Members online

No members online now.
Back