How much for custom install????

jgfish97

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Kenwood DNX8120 Nav. system. Also have the Nav faceplate from LSK.

How much should the install be with a backup camera and have my steering wheel wired to program the volume and station change?

Custom Sounds here is Austin is wanting about $200 for a Kenwood backup camera. $150 to wire to my steering wheel. $400 for custom installation... Tax and other crap.... About $900+ for custom install.

I have already purchased the Nav. system....

Am I getting ripped off???

That's pretty pricey for Austin....Custom Sounds always rips people off. I'd shop around.

Yes you Are!!! i paid $300 for everything! this includes, subs, speakers, tv's, camera, and stuff, only installation, i purchaseed everything else

i would suggest you do the nav install yourself. the back up camera and the steering wheel hook up you should leave it to them. i paid 40 bucks to get my camera installed and the installer was charging me 50 to do the steering wheel hook up. i'd say shop around. i think the most anyone should pay for an install (deck alone) should be in the 150-200 range at most

D@mn, im working in the wrong town, my shop only charges $100 for the head unit $40 for the steering wheel adapter and $40 for the back up camera and maybe a half hour of custom labor to modify the fact nav trim, and we are high priced only because Ann Arbor is loaded with high priced luxury cars

Yeah.... I figured. Fu<Kers....

As soon as I posted this, I called them and told them not to touch my car and that I'm heading up there now. It doesn't look like they opened the box the nav system came in... But I don't know. I'm just wondering if they took a wire or something out of the box so when I try to install it elsewhere, I have an incomplete system.

Thanks guys. I was going to detail my car and post new pictures once this was finished. Now I have to take some time to research better installers. Any suggestions?

Try this guy.. 512 563 3899 He told me 75$ for install of screen when I was shopping around.. He seemed real cool. I dont remember the name of the company I just saved it in my cell phone. lemme know if it works out

save the money and do it yourself - you'll learn alot about your car and know it's done right!

if you can wait until next weekend - I should be able to open the garage and help out.

save the money and do it yourself - you'll learn alot about your car and know it's done right!

if you can wait until next weekend - I should be able to open the garage and help out.

I'd take him up on that offer dude....

Members online

Back