How many o2 sensors on LS V8?

Yes, four total.
Two O2 sensors for mixture control, one for each bank.
Two O2 monitors to verify that the catalytic converters are working correctly, again one for each bank.

Yes, four total.
Two O2 sensors for mixture control, one for each bank.
Two O2 monitors to verify that the catalytic converters are working correctly, again one for each bank.

Are they all the same model/part number? Or different between the monitors for banks vs. catalytic converter?

I'm looking at RockAuto. How do I find out which parts I need? Is it any 2 x upstream and any 2 x downstream?

I'd go with NTK. I swapped my upstreams in 2011, no issues since.

You are on the right track. My upstreams were P/N 22060.

Don't forget to visit retailmenot.com for a 5% off coupon for RockAuto.

For Canadians, there is often no better source for car parts. Buying locally, even when on sale, usually comes out to more than RockAuto unless you have some connections.

Wow man, not even close. That site is almost double the price of RockAuto.

RockAuto NTK 2 x 22060 and 2 x 22500 = total $119 with shipping.

Same items on that website = total $188 with shipping.

%50 =/= almost double, but it looks like SparkPlugs prices have gone up substantially. As mentioned, grab a 5% code to save more on RockAuto. Also, is there a specific reason you are wanting to swap the downstream sensors? They almost never cause any issues and there is nothing to improve by replacing them.

%50 =/= almost double, but it looks like SparkPlugs prices have gone up substantially. As mentioned, grab a 5% code to save more on RockAuto. Also, is there a specific reason you are wanting to swap the downstream sensors? They almost never cause any issues and there is nothing to improve by replacing them.

Really? I recently bought 4. Luckily havent put them in yet. Around 140k on my originals. You dont think theres a need to replace the downstream ones? I have a long history (past 40k or so) of bad coils, and misfires.

Really? I recently bought 4. Luckily havent put them in yet. Around 140k on my originals. You dont think theres a need to replace the downstream ones? I have a long history (past 40k or so) of bad coils, and misfires.

It does not hurt. The downstream sensors are for emissions; all they do is verify that the converters are doing their jobs. The upstream sensors do all the work adjusting the fuel ratio and the faster/quicker/newer they are, the more precise and efficient they can be.

In my opinion, the upstream sensors are maintenance items; the downstream sensors are only replacement items upon failure.

Not what you asked, but when my upstreams went, my CEL was preceded by awful fuel economy.

Not what you asked, but when my upstreams went, my CEL was preceded by awful fuel economy.

this may actually be good news for me. I got a P0420. Cleared. Then P0420 and P0430 together. Cleared. Haven't come back in a few thousand miles, but gas mileage has been poop since then.

In that case, I'll just replace the 2x upstream sensors. I'm getting bad gas mileage, so replacing those along with COP's and plugs. But I haven't had any "check engine" lights.

Beware of the check engine lights for O2 sensors too. Mine still has 2 codes for the passenger side downstream after replacing all 4.

this may actually be good news for me. I got a P0420. Cleared. Then P0420 and P0430 together. Cleared. Haven't come back in a few thousand miles, but gas mileage has been poop since then.

Usually an unexplained drop in fuel economy is due to defective O2 sensors even if no code is set. It's possible the car is running off a fuel map rather than the O2s, and the fuel map is going to err on the side of rich to protect the engine. I would replace both of the front sensors with Motorcraft sensors, then clear the computer with a battery disconnect.

Forgot to ask...

I already have a pretty good idea about what to do, thanks to the help from a member, but I just wanted to be completely sure.

Anybody know what this black crap is? looks like it was meant to be on the threads, but with the way it was packaged its all over:
ACE8C0AB-4FF1-45F9-A36C-9C58DE259249-22609-00000BF2EC0F5EFA_zps06deb20b.jpg

8F3F97A8-CE68-41E4-BC49-0CEF9AA303A3-22609-00000BF2EEBB4724_zpsecbd718f.jpg

Should I clean up the stuff, and use some other anti-seize? or is the stuff on on there already the best stuff to use?

Looks like its gotten all over the sensor already, how could I go about cleaning it without causing any damage?

As always thanks for any input guys.

I already have a pretty good idea about what to do, thanks to the help from a member, but I just wanted to be completely sure.

Anybody know what this black crap is? looks like it was meant to be on the threads, but with the way it was packaged its all over...
It looks like there is still plenty of anti-seize on the threads. I would just wipe it off the rest of the sensor and install it. They should come with a plastic cap on the end of the sensor to prevent that from happening.

Members online

No members online now.
Back