How fast is a cop car

B

bigdog1279

How mouch power dose a cop car have and can i make my Continental Better then a Cop car what should i do

Heres a story one of my friend uncle is rich as hell out in cali and he went out there last summer and his uncle let him drive his 04 or 05 Corvette around for the summer while he had it he took it on a highway out in the middle of no where or ?desert? like in the movies and tried to top it out he was at 140MPH with 2 gears left still accelerating and a cop closed in on him in no time.

what type of cop car are you talking about? Camaro Z28, Mustang, Tahoe, Caprice, Crown Vic,......?

Crown Vics have the SOHC 4.6. A stock Conti at 260-275hp is just as powerful if not more. Cop cars have no governer and are RWD. That is why their top end is as much as the engine can muster. These cars aren't magical. Remember, you can't outrun a radio signal so it doesn't matter anyway.

ok i know they got aceliration and a cop car can get up to like 160 170 i think
but is there any way to get that our of a continnetal with modifications
like what is it the tranmission that a cop car has or what that good

well it,s not the Sohc it,s a DOHC that they have
a friend whos a cops sed that hell go on the road with me sometime and
if i beat him thats cool
i wana race a cop car
how do i turn of the govenor on my car
is there a way to shut it off or what
i alredy when out and got a shift kit im gona have it put in next week for the tranny

i was pretty sure it was SOHC but maybe its a DOHC which means its the same engine as you. You have a 4.6 DOhC based on the Cobra. Don't be scared of him. If he wants to race you then ask him to drag race. I bet you would win if you don't then you won't lose by much. The only real advantage for him is he has RWD which is better for drag racing. Im telling you.....from a start a Crown Vic is not that fast. Cmon people, stop believing cop cars have warp drive or something. They are just Crown Vics + 20 or 30hp if that. Now top speed is a different scenario. You can get rid of your governer with a computer chip. Haven't you ever seen those police videos where 5.0 mustangs and corvettes are too fast and the only reason they get caught is because of a helicopter or they crash their dumbasses?

bigdog1279 said:
how do i turn of the govenor on my car
is there a way to shut it off or what
i alredy when out and got a shift kit im gona have it put in next week for the tranny

You need to get a racing chip I think for a Mustang 4.6L. When I had my conti I was going to get a thing called Hyper tech, you control every thing in your engine with it.
It was about $340.

someone told me Hypertech isn,t good have you ever heard of SCT
the only think that scared me is that the Govenor ill top out and heel still be going
i think your right
i did a google search look here
the cop car is slower the a grand marq or a Murader they say couse the put a cheaper engine in it dose that make sencse to you

http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-12485.htmlink

I owned a Police Interceptor. They are not fast. A stock 95+ Continental will beat the CV in the 1/4 mile by a bus length. The top speed on the Crown Vic Police package is between 114 MPH, and 139 MPH, depending upon calibration, gears, tire rating, etc. My 98- a slow year anyway- topped at 129 with stock tires. 0-60 time around 7 seconds, 1/4 mile time just under 16 seconds. Tan get up there if you need them too.

Even with plenty of mods, most CV guys are only running high 14's; which is what most stock Mark VIII's are running.Those 2V cars can't hold a candle to our 4V's- especially the ones that weigh 4,200+ pounds. Even today's crown Vic is slow. The only benefit to these cars is their size, gas mileage, driveability, and durability. They are great cars, but they aren't perfect...

The crown vic cop cars are the SOHC 4.6....compared to the lincoln its a duds.....Basically it a regular crown vic.... Crown vic standard is a 4.6-liter/224-hp SOHC V-8 engine linked to an electronically controlled four-speed automatic overdrive transmission. The Police Interceptor Package, gets an upgrade to a 4.6-liter/235-hp SOHC V-8 with heavy-duty engine cooling and auxiliary transmission cooler, and speed-rated Goodyear Eagle RS-A Plus tires, dual exhaust, and 3.55 axle ratio

ok cool
also what do you mean when you say
2v cars and
4v cars
and what do you mean
high 14s
iv hear that saying befor when someone sed 11s but whats it mean

2V means 2 valves, one for intake one for exhaust. 4V means 2 valves each for intake and exhaust. 4V allows the engine to breathe better, and this makes more HP.

High 14's is a reference to the 1/4 mile times. In other words it takes a modified Crown Vic between 14.7 and 14.9 seconds to complete a 1/4 mile distance from a stop.

how long dose it take a Stock Cotinental to do a 1/4 mile
and if its modified and still street leagle then how long can i get to

Ever think they dont need to be fast the police have numbers on their side no matter how fast a car is they can always radio down the line a crotch rocket maybe they say to hell with you but if your looking to best one remember its heavy from all its modifications and is hard protected undercarage i would say understand that the cop car has many advantages even the wheels are designed for pursuit you ever wonder why they just have that half moon cap its ment to protect the air valve from being cut off by a spinning hubcap that can occur

Ya today at work we went and picked up some police intersepters and well ya.... I must say our marks seem faster than them, the get up and go little nicer in our cars also to but the steering is responsive DAMN I thought I was gona roll it on the interstate cause I drove it like my car. It was awsome to b/c everyone thought I was a cop on the interstate I got infront of this one person on I slowed down to 60 and looked in the mirror and they were flicking me off I wish I had lights on it I would pulled there asses over it was so fun.

bigdog1279 said:
how long dose it take a Stock Cotinental to do a 1/4 mile
and if its modified and still street leagle then how long can i get to

Stock:
Fox Conti: 18 seconds
88-94 Conti: 17.5 seconds
95-99 Conti: 15.7 seconds
99+ Conti: 15.1 seconds

can you get a continental into the 11 or 12s is it possible

I was at the lincoln dealership couple weeks ago and they brought in a 96 Conti that was messed up said the guy was in a police chase and was doing pretty good until he ran the car into a ditch

well im preaty pist today
i try to only put shell 93 in my car
but had to go to speedway and get 92 today couse shell and Bp
and sunoco and marthon for there prmium where all at 2.69 A Gallon
and SpeedWay had 92 for 2.48 a gallon
:(
this is getting preaty redicules
you know

My question is, why would you put premo gas into an engine that CANNOT take full advantage of it. afterall, the higher the octane rating, the slower the fuel burns. its meant for high compression engines, or engine with forced induction (turbo/supercharging), that give the same effect as higher compression (higher cylinder pressures). Premium gas in anything that cannot use it is just a waste of $ in most cases.

Sure, some premiums are better at keeping the fuel system clean, but that would be the only advantage... Unless of course your engine can properly utilize the fuel.

Well since i don,t know what kinda car you drive i don,t wana make a state ment that seems mean
but ill say that if you don,t understand this Maybe you don,t have a car
with a
DOHC
The DOHC has to run on Premo Gas only
it just won,t run good without it
and the SES lights i have seen
Engin light come on on many of these car becouse of yousing anything less then 92 octane that is why
in 94 and older continental they yous the 3.8 v6
crappy engine runs on crappy gas
in 95 they changed it to the first ever v8 front wheel drive DOHC engine has to run on 92 high gas that is why
if you drive Mark or a Continettal you would understand hoever
is you drive a towncar or a continental that is 94 or older im not shur about older marks
but some
you wouldn,t understand

Members online

Back