How do you remove the manual shift knob?

I doubt it pulls straight up, my money would be that it either twist off like 95% of manuals, or removes like the auto knob (trim ring pulls down to reveal a screw)

No jam nut. And the service manual is useless. Just says, remove shift knob. Tried twisting and pulling straight up with moderate strength and it wouldn't budge.

I have removed mine many times. Take the knob and twist it 1/4 turn then pull up. It will turn very hard and also pull hard, but this is the only way to remove it. To install just align it and press down hard to lock it in place. Also, to release the clips it is best to remove the top of the console and release them from the bottom. If they break the only replacement is to get another shift boot.

Good luck.

I give up. You sir must be built like a weight lifter. Was able to secure the boot (which was why I wanted to remove the knob) just as well without removal as I mention in another post.

Might you consider running a hair dryer around the circumference of your knob before pulling on it?

Wait... what I meant was... with some heat, it might release easier.

censored.gif
NEVER MIND !!!!

Might you consider running a hair dryer around the circumference of your knob before pulling on it?

Wait... what I meant was... with some heat it might release easier.

censored.gif
NEVER MIND !!!!

all kidding aside now:

Isn't that the automatic knob removal?????

Members online

Back