How do I check/change fuel injectors???

ap1975

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok...after searching on here for my hard start problem I believe it has to do with the injectors. So #1 I need to know how to check them to see if one or more is bad and #2 if they are how to change them. I'm not a master mechanic or anything, but I do all my routine maintainence and can follow directions fairly well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

swapping out injectors not too hard on the LS - but do you have a V8 or V6?

I just changed one of my injectors on my '02 V8 about a month ago. It wasn't too bad. I think the worst thing was trying to remove the small metal clips that hold the injectors to the fuel rail without dropping them down behind the manifold. I managed to only lose one....

The hardest time I had was removing the rubber hoses without breaking those phony little clips they use. And by the way...you will break every one of your injector harness clips. Live with it....the alternative is a bitch.

You might search my posts for this exact repair. I actually pulled the rail, and hooked up a fuel pressure gauge in between the rail and the supply line. I had isolation valves in the fuel gauge set up so I could isolate the pressure for the rail and the rest of the fuel system. That way I could check for a pressure drop from the pump check valves too. When I pressurized my rail (with it removed, but injectors still attached...BUT NO ENGINE CRANKING) I got an occasional drip out of one of the injectors. That's how I knew which one was bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back