Home Depot Lip Installed Pics

manoli

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got bored today so I went to Home depot and purchased bottom garage door seal (I believe pektel has the same)3m tape, 2 fender washers with pan head screws for support at the ends of the lip. Over all pretty easy and cheap mod i was going to install the mach 1 lip but i like the way it came out so i think im going to leave it on there for now, sorry in advance for the picture whoring:D

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7165.JPG

IMG_7156.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG

I do have the same one, but I removed the stock black piece first and attached right to the bumper cover.

Here's a comparison to see what it looks like if you remove the stock black piece first :D

IMG_8442.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

And here's what it looks like when the shop effs it up, and won't admit to it. Notice they also f*cked up the bumper itself :mad: :

IMG_1325.jpg

Has anyone color matched theirs? Or no since its flexible/rubber

Looks good. Simple little mods here and there go a long way when you add them up

Looks good! Came out better than mine! It looks good with both the trim on and off.

Looks good.:)

I doubt painting the Mach 1 lip would be a good idea. The paint would probably start chipping and flaking off by the end of the first week.

Looks good.:)

I doubt painting the Mach 1 lip would be a good idea. The paint would probably start chipping and flaking off by the end of the first week.

Maybe. I still think it would be worth trying. Im not a huge fan of it just left black, Just MO though. Looks good Manoli BTW!!

Looks like a garage door insulator on the front bumper. Looks like ass.

No im just kidding, I dig it. Just think though, the price of that would take 8 bucks off a LSE bumper.

BTW I like your fog/eye matching.

Thanks for the compliments guys :) Im saving to paint all the trim along the bottom of the car so an $8 mod for now is ok for now.

Pektel what bulbs do you have in your front turn signals? Similar to what I have in my tails? I've always hated the "bare" look of the headlights w/o the amber. But with that color bulb instead of chrome it looks badas.

I just got back from home depot. Guess what I'm doing today :D.
Pics yet??
Has anyone color matched theirs? Or no since its flexible/rubber

I dont think this could be a paintable surface.

Looks good! Came out better than mine! It looks good with both the trim on and off.
Thanks for the info;) you should re-do yours
Looks like a garage door insulator on the front bumper. Looks like ass.

No im just kidding, I dig it. Just think though, the price of that would take 8 bucks off a LSE bumper.

BTW I like your fog/eye matching.

Thanks V-leds:D I want an lse bumper for sure but i want to do it the correct way changing the header panel etc. Ive really thought about this and theres no way i can live with the gap between the head lights and bumper, said and done to change the front bumper would be a little over a grand with paint and parts:eek:

pektel what bulbs do you have in your front turn signals? Similar to what i have in my tails? I've always hated the "bare" look of the headlights w/o the amber. But with that color bulb instead of chrome it looks badas.

+1

Pektel what bulbs do you have in your front turn signals? Similar to what I have in my tails? I've always hated the "bare" look of the headlights w/o the amber. But with that color bulb instead of chrome it looks badas.

Those almost look like Silverstar 3157ast bulbs. They have a blue chrome tint to them. There are discontinued, but you can still get them online for around $20 shipped.
Manoli nice work on the weather strip, errr I mean front lip. :D I actually like that better than the mach 1.

So the front valance can be replaced with this for around $10?! Mine is f'ed up and I defintely don't feel like spending $100+ on a new front valance lol.

Looks good btw. I may be making another trip to Home Depot next week lol. I just went there less than 2 weeks ago for a piece of mdf to mount my amp and cap. Seems like I'm there at least once every couple of weeks lol.

Like this? I've seen a lot of new eclipses and some prius' that look like they came from the factory with that bulb.

IMG_20110227_145343.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back