Hissing noise in the back of the engine??

Tony7781

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys quick question....I added a K&N intake a while ago. I notice that I hear a hissing or like pissing sound coming from the back part of the engine. The noise seems to be most noticeable in low RPM's in each gear. Does anyone kknow what this could possibly be?? I originally thought it was a vacuun leak but do not seem to be losing any pressure.

You sure it's not the sound of the air passing the throttle blades? It's kind of a whistle-ish sound with an aftermarket intake tube/filter setup.

How'd that reverse light work out for you?

You sure it's not the sound of the air passing the throttle blades? It's kind of a whistle-ish sound with an aftermarket intake tube/filter setup.

How'd that reverse light work out for you?

Oh really, so that hissing noise seems to be normal then? Let me ask, what do you get on your mileage? I was getting like 13.3 before the intake and now Im getting like 12.9..Well I guess I may have a heavy foor though!
The reverse light worked out great..Thanks again for that! I blacked out the entire car. The last 2 pieces I have to do now are black rims and have the headlights painted. Do you know anywhere to get good deals on rims? Also, next year I want to do the exhaust! Hows yours doing? Anything new?

Same sh*t, really. Just on my second set of wheels/tires. I got a set of wheels/tires for sale if you're looking. They're not black, but figured I'd throw it out there :D I posted pics of them in the Auto Parts For Sale forum. Other than that, S.O.S., man.

My mileage sat around 14.4 for the longest time, and that's with a tune...but I don't really drive it much. I go from my place to the woman's, who's down off Jefferson Ave., so the car goes a mile or so every day. lol I got a new tune from another place and the mileage has gone down a little, due to me beatin' on it a little bit. :D

Oh, and if you think it may be something other than I explained, bring it by and I'll look at it for ya.

Oh, and if you think it may be something other than I explained, bring it by and I'll look at it for ya.

That would be great, if you wouldn't mind, I would like for you to hear it and let me know what you think. Ill send you a private message with my phone number, and you can call me whenever you are free and ill bring it by. I am doing a full tune up next weekend. I just ordered some more of the Royal Purple oil and I got the NGK Laser Iridium Long Life plugs. I was going to order the pulsar plugs but after reading about them, they seem like a crock for the price. Do you recommend any other changes for the tune up? Spark plug wires? Does your tranny bang at all when you go from drive to reverse or park to reverse?

There are no plug wires on these cars, since each cylinder has it's own coil. :D

There was some sort of TSB relating to the park to drive/reverse banging. Think it had something to do with the valve body or solenoids in the trans. Not too sure though. Mine doesn't really do it, but then again, it might not because I have an aftermarket tune in it.

Members online

Back