High stall installed...

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
.... in the GTO... man this is the best mod anyone can do dollar for dollar on any automatic. Can't believe I never installed one in the Mark VIII.

The improvement would even be greater in the Mark VIII as it has a lot less bottom end torque than the GTO

Manuals totally get the vote for fun factor and being less parasitic in terms of power to the ground but I'd still take an auto with a shift kit and stall any day of the week over a stick. Try shifting a T-56 as fast as a Jmodded 4r70w with a stall.

Manuals totally get the vote for fun factor and being less parasitic in terms of power to the ground but I'd still take an auto with a shift kit and stall any day of the week over a stick. Try shifting a T-56 as fast as a Jmodded 4r70w with a stall.

You mean you can't hang shifts on a T-56? I really doubt any auto could shift faster than I can move my hand. I have little experience with these trannys though. A rock crusher will take full power shifts all day.

You mean you can't hang shifts on a T-56? I really doubt any auto could shift faster than I can move my hand.

Post a video and we'll compare. Any T-56 will do. What's going on in my valvebody is happening faster than your hand.
;)

Stock TQ weighed 54 lbs, my 3500 stall weighed 28lbs... it revs up so much quicker.

What's a good brand/ stall # for a mark? Especially on a budget?

Call PTC in Alabama and talk to Tim. He will set you up right with a converter for your power level and save you some money compared to all the other companies. Trust me they build a bad ass converter and don't overcharge their customers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back