HID on continental

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was about to get into a crash because of my headlights so I bought an Hid kit for conti. I bought the 10000k. Does anyone have Hid on there conti. I will put pics after they are on. I got mine from Xenonking.com

You will enjoy them. They're worth the extra dollars...

so use to mark 8 lights that when you sit in the conti, you feel Blind at night

mark0101 said:
I was about to get into a crash because of my headlights so I bought an Hid kit for conti. I bought the 10000k. Does anyone have Hid on there conti. I will put pics after they are on. I got mine from Xenonking.com
I sell the HID conversion kits on my website and have to say that I love my HID kit. I've had it on my LS for about a year now. Once you get HID you'll never use Halogen again. As for the 10000K, it may look cool but you lose a lot of lumens at night. The higher the bulb temp the lower lumens you get. I ran the 8000K and went to the 6000K because it was hard for me to see at night. OEM is around 4100-4300K.

How has your McCulloch system been? I sell the Xetronic systems and have had good luck with them.

They are still suppose to arrive. I thought the higher(K) you go, the better. I am not going towards the cool side, I want brightness on the road.

mark0101 said:
They are still suppose to arrive. I thought the higher(K) you go, the better. I am not going towards the cool side, I want brightness on the road.
Then 10000K will not do what you want. If you had the OEM HID bulbs in the Mark VIII then you'll definitely lose brightness on the road. Higher the intensity (K) the lower the brightness on the road. Trust me on this. I had 8000K and had a hard time seeing the road. Once I put the 6000K bulbs in it was night and day...so to speak. Of course I have set of 4300K bulbs coming that I'm going to try out. If they are brighter than the 6000K I'll stick with those.

Also, be aware that all HID conversion kits are illegal to use per DOT. However, depending on your local law enforcement you may be ok.

I have a 95 lincoln continental
i am wondering what do you mean HID
is it justa difrent Bulb or do you ahve to buy somthing els

bigdog1279 said:
I have a 95 lincoln continental
i am wondering what do you mean HID
is it justa difrent Bulb or do you ahve to buy somthing els
HID is High Intensity Discharge lighting. It is much brighter than regular halogen bulbs. HID Xenon lights are designed to be at least 3 times brigther and last 10 times longer than halogen lights. HID produces supreme light output providing drivers with greater visibility, therefore promotes increased comfort and safer night time driving condition. HID also consumes 35% less power and generates less heat during operation.

Ok well i think i bought a Set of Bulbs like that for my car a few months ago they where like 33 doolars for 2 or them
and they where bright blue or somthing like that dose that make sence to your
but do you need to have difrent typs of wirring for them to make a diffrence i was looking at these kits and i don,t understand
what you need the kits for
can you just take a HID bulb and yous it in your regular lighting wires and that

You can not take a regular HID bulb and use your existing wiring. That is, if you have halogen now. If you have an HID system in your car you can just get the bulbs as a replacement but they are not $33 for a pair. Most DR2 or DS2 bulbs are around $150-$200 each.

oh ok
so then what are the bulbs that i had that or the Xenon balbs i think are they any good

I just got done buying new HID for my Mark and it was $1070. But I got lucky if I didn't have a discount it would of been atleast $1600.

bigdog1279 said:
oh ok
so then what are the bulbs that i had that or the Xenon balbs i think are they any good

a gimmick. You actually see less with those lights then with the stock halogens. Blue light is weaker than white light (stock). HID is a totally different technology. It is not just a "blue colored bulb". You can do some reading at a HID forum and that will bring you up to speed. HID is expensive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back