hey speaker questions

Onefreshls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i was doing a little looking around and im up grading my stereo in the mark. starting with the speakers im putting 6 1/2 components in the doors. and im putting tweeters in the factory location using the factory tweeter housing. i was wondering if anyone else has done this. would love to see some of your guys work if you wouldn't mind showing what you guys did. thanks guys

20120511_083823.jpg

20120511_084531.jpg

My fronts are the same, stock tweeter boxes

You'll have to upgrade the deck/rewire if you want to upgrade the speakers.

6.5 comps f+r

Rears:

2011_0612pics0011.gif

Front mid:

2011_0612pics0013.gif

Front Tweeter housing:

DSCF8415_zpse832a349.jpg

You'll have to make the mounting rings.

While the doors are off it would also be a good time to glue that separated part at the top of the door panel if it has become unglued. ;)

My speakers came with 4 or 5 different baskets for mounting them in the stock location

I used 5x7 and the factory tweeters boxes with after market tweeters. Sorry I don't have any pics of that but I'm getting ready to pull my interior to install seat belts and can take some then if you want?

hey guys i was doing a little looking around and im up grading my stereo in the mark. starting with the speakers im putting 6 1/2 components in the doors. and im putting tweeters in the factory location using the factory tweeter housing. i was wondering if anyone else has done this. would love to see some of your guys work if you wouldn't mind showing what you guys did. thanks guys

My speakers came with 4 or 5 different baskets for mounting them in the stock location

So they covered the "cheap" part. What's with the hack job wiring?

When it comes to car audio, you don't get both. You either get cheap, or you get good

So they covered the "cheap" part. What's with the hack job wiring?

When it comes to car audio, you don't get both. You either get cheap, or you get good

Gen II door panel on a Gen I, I was in the middle of it re-wiring it.

Car audio is low on the list, I just wanted to replace the non-working factory set up. Plus I drive with it off allot just listing to my car sing.

Gen II door panel on a Gen I, I was in the middle of it re-wiring it.

Car audio is low on the list, I just wanted to replace the non-working factory set up. Plus I drive with it off allot just listing to my car sing.

Oh! Nice swap then

I like to get lost in my music, keeps me from having to listen to the rest of the world.

I'm going to start posting 1 to 3 word replies that lack any sort of grammar or punctuation.

ok thanks lownslowlsc . listen i am looking for other people sterios and i cant find anything threw the search. im trying to get ideas i dont know if i want a double din radio or a single din

ok thanks lownslowlsc . listen i am looking for other people sterios and i cant find anything threw the search. im trying to get ideas i dont know if i want a double din radio or a single din

Get a double din. There was a discussion about them in the last week, if you can't find it I suggest you use the search function.

it also depends $ and expected sound quality on head units. if your not willing to pay for a "good" doubledin then dont expect much, brands like boss, pyle, power acoustik dont expect great sound quality. for the price of a cheap double din u can get a nice singledin that will sound great and have everYthing u will want in a stereo. car audio is my thing im a true basshead if its not pioneer premier, alpine, kenwood excelon, jvc ARSENAL i wont waste my time on it cause ive been let down everytime. but if money is no oberct get a nice pioneer or alpine doubledin u will be satisfied

hey i only use alpine or pioneer..... but not one double din has what i need in it. im going to go with pioneer stage 4 radio. i put the kappas in but dident like them so now im buying focal speakers for interior and going with jl subs lol

hey i only use alpine or pioneer..... but not one double din has what i need in it. im going to go with pioneer stage 4 radio. i put the kappas in but dident like them so now im buying focal speakers for interior and going with jl subs lol

Buy the right sub, and ya only need 1
20131010_151810.jpg

Just a lil box I slapper together real quick, plan on making it nicer with some amp racks on each side.

And what do you need your deck to do that this double din won't handle??
images-1.jpg

Make ham and cheese sammiches?

i need 16 band eq i need to be able to adjust everything not in pairs left side low mids and high and right lows mids and highs i need time alignment and auto eq. plus all the other good stuff you no. the one thing i dont need is nav really. lol

Members online

Back