hey guys found a 49k mark viii bad head gasket

Onefreshls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys i found a 98 with 49k. was told it needs head gaskets. witch i have no problem doing but can you guys tell me what i should do keep factory heads. or should i got cobra. if i wanted to swap a cobra motor from a 99-00 what else would i have to change to make it work please let me know thank you

you are better off replacing the whole engine. Easier and cheaper.

^This id the easiest and cheapest way to fix a mark with blown head gaskets^

Don’t mess around with swapping heads and other parts from cobras unless you have 6 months and thousands to burn. Budget 3-4K and get a well taken care for Mark VIII.
If it has a blown head gasket chances are the rest of the car was Ill maintained.

I called my friend at Lincoln he is going to let me barrow the timing chain tool to head the head gaskets. Car is in great shap. It was a old mans car interior is 8-1/2 out of 10 just needs a good cleaning. I would be doing the head gasket my self just figured while I was in there should I do other things to it

Do you even know for certain that it's the hg? Don't just dive in thinking its the hg w/o properly diagnosing it, could just need a burp for all we know.

Yes, that's what I was thinking... May actually not have a bad HG. Try to do some diagnosis.

I wouldn't be so sure its the head gaskets. Why would a Mark with such low miles have a blown head gasket. I would check it out at least four different ways. Coolant in oil, oil in coolant, coolant in exhaust, hydrocarbons in coolant. The last two are the big ones. You can have the other two from a bad oil filter adapter gasket.

I believe compression and leak down tests are other checks.

Ok sounds good. Just got off the phone with a kid who knows the car and said if I put a tow truck on it. It will split in half

Ok sounds good. Just got off the phone with a kid who knows the car and said if I put a tow truck on it. It will split in half

tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-what-003017.jpg

Kid sounds like a retard if he thinks a tow truck is going to "split" a car in half.

Kid sounds like a retard if he thinks a tow truck is going to "split" a car in half.

Perhaps the kid knows that it was cut in half and mated with another Mark. Check for welds going through the center of the vehicle. :)

How much are you getting it for if you don't mind me asking?

800 im going to buy it **** it whats 800 bucks. i talked to the owner of the place not the son and he father said is was a 85 year old women who popped a hose lol. but there is nothing wrong with the car

800 im going to buy it **** it whats 800 bucks. i talked to the owner of the place not the son and he father said is was a 85 year old women who popped a hose lol. but there is nothing wrong with the car

You are getting screwed if it is just a parts car, I've bought running/driving ones for $160. Any running/driving car is worth at least $500 to somebody but a non running Mark (no matter the condition) is not worth more then $300.

Members online

No members online now.
Back