hey guys fluid types and coil questions

Onefreshls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys im looking to change every fluid in the mark i got. i just dont know what gear fluid to use not brand type 75-90-75-140. i am putting gta lma dot 4 brake fluid and i like royal purple. plus i get it for 1/2 the price so why not. please help me guys

Also i know there is alot of talk about coils and what ones to use.
I was woundering if they make msd coils. if not are the accels the best one or is there somthing better out there. even if i have to spend more money i would like to have the best you guys no. so please help me out if you can.

i used 75-90 valvoline semi synthetic in the 4.10 gear set i built.
(i think it was semi synth. the blue bottle one)
its quiet and smooth.

Yep don't use the so called "high performance" coils they are junk. Tasca sells the Ford Racing coil kit for ~250 that's less than 32 bucks each for brand new Motorcraft.

i want high performance

i found ones for 539 for the set

You must love to ask questions and do the complete opposite of what experienced Mark owners tell you. They have been around the same block you are just starting to go around. You will not better performance out of $539 coils. You should really stop wasting people's time.

lol no i was joking. but i was thinking of going with the MSD ones has anyone tryed them. or no

My friend has a supercharged 98 Mark with Motorcraft coils. We are telling you just stay with Motorcraft. Better yet, leave it alone and save money for other stuff like the front end rebuild. That is something the car really needs.

MSD and Accel coils are both the same coil they are made in China and have a very high failure rate, I am a dealer for MSD and I won't even use them.

Thats a waste of $539 IMO..there's way better things to spend that kind of money on with a mark viii than to replace perfectly good coils with "performance" ones that you probably won't notice a bit of difference with..especially when you have no other engine mods done.

im running a set of ebay coils...i paid 120 i think it was for the 8 of them....ive been using them for 2 years now with no issues whatsoever. If I had the extra cash Id go with the motorcraft coils which are way better....But for now im rocking my ebay coils.

im running a set of ebay coils...i paid 120 i think it was for the 8 of them....ive been using them for 2 years now with no issues whatsoever. If I had the extra cash Id go with the motorcraft coils which are way better....But for now im rocking my ebay coils.

I've had my e bay coils in my Expedition for 3 years now. I think they were $80 shipped. I've probably put close to 40000 miles on it and haven't had a problem.

they are not bad dude i also have them in my LS and those have been there for 3 years...and no check engine lights.

Members online

Back