here's a stumper. any 1st gens had this problem?

lincolnlogs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Filling my tank has become a chore.

The filler neck keeps filling up to the pump handle and stopping the pump. it drains into the tank but very slowly. im sure theres some sort of vent clogged on here, but im not going to freeze my boys off looking for it outside.

anyone had this problem? no CEL.

The pumps at certain stations (mainly Costco) sometimes constantly shut-off while I'm refueling. It usually starts at about 3/4 to 4/5's full. Oddly, if I hold that flexible collar back it will fill correctly. This is on both '06's.

The pumps at certain stations (mainly Costco) sometimes constantly shut-off while I'm refueling. It usually starts at about 3/4 to 4/5's full. Oddly, if I hold that flexible collar back it will fill correctly. This is on both '06's.

it never used to do it at all. at any pump. now, it does it at every pump i go to. i litterally have to stand there and pump, stop, wait, pump.

Mine did it too. My assumption was either the filler neck or evap system was screwed up.

i know theres gotta be an evap vent somewhere. someone should chime in thats had it before. its annoying i know that.

My 02 would do it intermittently. I always wondered if it had something to do with fuel transfer to the other saddle tank. Never resolved, sorry!

This has happened to me with all my ls's now and in the past but only at the gas station nearest I my house which is a Hyvee gas which is a chain grocery store, some of which have gas stations as well. I've only had it happen at this station. Never out of town or at other stations. (Including my cross country trips to get these damn cars).

I always assumed it was the gas station. I don't know. Weird

Mine never did it for 9 years. Then it was involved in an accident (hit hard in the fron while parked). Now its slow at all stations.

Mine never did it for 9 years. Then it was involved in an accident (hit hard in the fron while parked). Now its slow at all stations.

mine is slow at every pump. i have to stop and go stop and go. it never used to do this. just started.

Mine use to do that but its gone away now. I don't know what caused it but it was annoying.

I had that problem when i bought my LS, but I found if i pull up on the pump so that the nozzle is pointing down as far as possible, it doesnt happen. I know that sounds redundant but try and see. I dont know what the issue is exactly, but I never have a problem anymore.

a couple threads on it.... only solution I remember was a build up somewhere in the lines... something to do with a spider eggs blocking a vent tube or something. (IIRC). Best bet to to probably disassemble the entire system (tube, lines, etc.) and look for obstructions

Members online

No members online now.
Back