Here we go again...

tripwire1124

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so after having a wiring issue fixed, all ball joints replaced, all struts and springs replace, and all oxygen sensors replace, an alignment, and 4 new tires im done forking money into this thing. now i have another problem. ive got some kind of metal scraping sound (more than likely a pulley) and some odd sounds coming from my engine bay. its more on the drivers side and i havent noticed any power loss or inablilty to turn or brake. all fluids seem to be fine and where they need to be. i pulled off the belt and saw that the tensioner had a little bit of play in it, but nothing i could imagine being serious.

also, when i turn my heat on, the noise under the hood become even more noticable. i just cant wim with this car....

for only haveing this car for a little bit over 8 months ive put more money in repairs than i was hopeing.....

rant over/ and please shed some light on my problem...if anyone has an idea.

sounds like a belt or bearing or something.
it gets worse when you turn the heat on because it runs the ac compressor which puts more load on the belt system, making the noise louder.

well im hopeing that its just a pullry. but wanted to see if you guys knew anything about it. on a side note, this happends when its cold and warm, and it sounds like air is bein leaking into the intake? sorry for my descriptions but thats what i think it sounds like....

could be the a/c compressor. hopefully not though

sorry for the delay, but yes it is the ac compressor. spent about an hour and a hlaf yeasterday looking for the source of the noise...how hard is it to relpace? looks like if i get underneath it could be somewhat of an easy task...

sorry for the delay, but yes it is the ac compressor. spent about an hour and a hlaf yeasterday looking for the source of the noise...how hard is it to relpace? looks like if i get underneath it could be somewhat of an easy task...

Is it the AC clutch or the unit itself? Alot of times they sell just a clutch kit. I do these all the time. No need to discharge and charge if its just the clutch.

i believe its the clutch...i can see it wobble and it scrapes making the metal to metal sound im hearing. ive looked on all-data and it mentioned it need a bearing puller? habor freight here i come...

Members online

No members online now.
Back