Help!!!

ebusseyrchmi

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2004 ls, replaced the sway bars links front and back, valve cover gasket, c.o.p'$ and ball joints.. Went and got a 4 wheel alignment and the rear end of my car is going crazy...

I can be driving down the road and the rear end will just go in a different direction and causes consistant correction while on the road, all over the lane.

I kinda think that it may be the toe links, but don't want to pull the trigger on it because they're a little pricey for me to do trial and error with them.

Has anyone else had this problem with toe links or am I barking up the wrong tree!!!

Check for movement at your rear wheels. If they are tight, chances are the rear alignment is incorrect.

If you go to your rear wheel close to the car and look straight down, it should look like the wheel is toed in a bit. If it doesn't, then rear alignment is off. That's if you have the passive rear steer links.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the naked eye it looks fine, I actually took it back to Belle tire and explained that was having this problem, so they rotated the tires and re did the alignment and it seem to get worse. If it just pulled from the rear in one direction I could understand, but its like there is another steering wheel back there. Its dog tracking in two different directions at any given time

To the naked eye it looks fine, I actually took it back to Belle tire and explained that was having this problem, so they rotated the tires and re did the alignment and it seem to get worse. If it just pulled from the rear in one direction I could understand, but its like there is another steering wheel back there. Its dog tracking in two different directions at any given time
So when you look at the rear wheels, it appears to toe in?

I thought I had a pic that showed this but I can't find it. I'll have to take another one.

I found the pics.

fa9bc1174b33897372b470a86e282736.jpg
c874cd5c19f28ff4eaea7418bdd1b7f5.jpg

That is what mine looks like and I have the passive rear steer toe links.
ec595fce56bbf83cee14fc1e852c9830.jpg
edea5fab7f81cb1869c9f02729f82b9a.jpg

I'm gonna take a pic after work and post it, but it looks like yours for the most part. Hope it comes out well just got a crap load of snow!

I see that in the pic you purchased new toe links were you having the same issues?

Sorry for the darkness of pics, but by 5pm in Michigan in winter it night time, but the position is the wheels seem to be close to the position of your pics

Sorry for the darkness of pics, but by 5pm in Michigan in winter it night time, but the position is the wheels seem to be close to the position of your pics
That does look a bit more so than mine. It's hard to tell with the snow. We're you in dry weather when having the problem?

20160307_204148.jpg

Well here are the old ones

The new ones are perfect. They took out all of the play that was in the rear end.

20160307_204148.jpg

Members online

Back