{{help}} water pump input!!!

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
Alright guys, I sold my white Mark VIII so now I have the cash to purchase a new transmission, but before I do so, I need to replace my leaky water pump... I searched the forum & wasn't able to find a thread I saw some time ago reference a Mustang Cobra water pump that fits my 93 Mark VIII. So here's where your inputs come in...

• Should I simply stick to an aftermarket 93 M8 water pump for my car?.... If not...
  • What year Cobra water pump will fit my car?
  • Is the Cobra pump a direct replacement? Direct fit?
  • How much $$$ will this cost me as opposed to an aftermarket 93 Mark VIII pump?

It's been 5 months since I've driven my Mark VIII so you guys can imagine the type of itch I have... I'm just 48 hours away from finally sitting behind the wheel of my Mark. I took out the old water pump a few minutes ago & I'll be installing the new water pump tomorrow so I need your input guys, thanks!!!:)

Take your OLD pump with you.. make sure the new pump is the same height when you lay them down on the counter, impeller facing down.

There are two pumps, and it's very easy to get home with the wrong pump.
I wouldn't trust the parts counter guy to make the decision for you.

What year cobra is a direct bolt-on?

edit: nevermind, i found it. :D These sean hyland pumps look awesome. Are they worth it?

Last edited:
that is a sean hypeland pump, pic from their site and shows the old style exposed fin impeller that is NOT the improved design

ste50046l.jpg

169f'ing dollars???? wtf no way

none of the pictures i can find clearly show the improved impeller/

this was as close as i could find
eb25_1_1281_1.JPG

if you look, you can see the impeller has a plate on the bottom of it.
reduces drag and cavitation and electrolysis and increases flow

its a cheap and effective "free mod"

69.00 at your local auto parts..

JUST SAY NO TO SEAN HYPELAND

Members online

No members online now.
Back