help. someone cut my o2 sensor wires.

freshkid87

LVC Member
Reaction score
they cut it in right in the middle my mechanic said he can repair the wires for 30$ is that fair? they were cut and now my car doesnt tell me how many miles until empty and my fuel is going like water

The only advice I can give you is simple, get it fixed and investigate the cause of how it got cut later. And yes that's a fair price, or you can do it yourself for free.

What does cutting an O2 sensor wire have to do with the cluster not displaying DTE???????

What does cutting an O2 sensor wire have to do with the cluster not displaying DTE???????

The computer was getting such radical readings from the disconnected O2 sensor, it couldn't comprehend and fainted.

I was going to say the same thing, I just held back, cause the miles to empty is calculated by the fuel level arm.

I wouldn't worry about it causing any permanent computer damage (well, we are talking about an LS, any other car I wouldn't worry but the LS computer seems to be so sensitive that a misfiring coil will take it down), the computer will just go to open loop fueling map if it doesn't have input from an O2, just as it does under WOT and cold start. Some performance cars (not OEM, but built) don't even use O2s, they just run a fuel map full time. Just make sure that the mechanic fixes it by soldering the wires together and sealing them with heat shrink, not just using crimp-on butt joints.

So far as who cut them, piss anyone off on the road lately that followed you home? Get caught taking a dump in the neighbor's swimming pool? Doing some puny little guy's girl?

when I repaired my wiring damage from a small fire, on the harness side of the O2 sensor, at least on my '02 LS, there are two wires that have the same color code and are listed both as ground, but go different places. I just soldered them back together because I didn't know which was which, but I ended up have a check engine light and poor fuel economy. I forget the actual code number but it was for "rich bank2" which was the side I repaired. So I switched the two ground wires and haven't had any issues since. Moral of the story, just because they are the same wired color does not mean they are the same.

when i bought the car the wires were cut .. i'm 27 n married lol

bt yeah he fixed the passengers side 02 the miles till empty came on foras econd and went away the other side is damaged...why else would my carsay fue computer data error if no 02 was connected?

when i bought the car the wires were cut .. i'm 27 n married lol

bt yeah he fixed the passengers side 02 the miles till empty came on foras econd and went away the other side is damaged...why else would my carsay fue computer data error if no 02 was connected?
Possible connection error. I had a check engine light that read fuel communication bus data error. Yet all things worked and ran fine. It turned out to be a glitch in the system. Lift your back seat up, open the fuel pump access covers and make sure all wires are properly seated,

Members online

No members online now.
Back