Help, My LSC IS BUGGING OUT !!

squirell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Last night my LSC started idleing at 3000 rpm's.
I checked for vacume leaks,diconnected the battery and even cleaned the MAF.
Nothing solved.
On my test drive after doing all that it wouldn't shift into 3 rd gear and the CE light came on.
Any suggestions ?

squirell said:
Last night my LSC started idleing at 3000 rpm's.
I checked for vacume leaks,diconnected the battery and even cleaned the MAF.
Nothing solved.
On my test drive after doing all that it wouldn't shift into 3 rd gear and the CE light came on.
Any suggestions ?
Without too much experience with my Mark VIII ... my caddy had that exact issue a while back and it was the Electronic Speed Sensor... on the Caddy it sat below the MultiPort and acted as a plunger, if you push it in with your finger it will idle down, but the minute you tap the gas it'll go back to High Rev... wouldn't shift well either cuz of the RPMs ... check it out... just a shot

I am going to have the codes pulled next Sat,
I'll keep you posted .
Thanx,
Matt

WTF, ? How in the world did that happen.

I have only ever seen a fried EEC in ONE Mark in 7 years?
Who told you it was the EEC.

Damn man, that's rough. :( There's a guy on eBay that sells TONS of VIII stuff that I've bought from. His name on there is mopar68gtx and his email is Mopar68GTX@aol.com. Maybe give him a shout and see if he can find something.

Good luck, man.:)

You may want to check the reliability of the place or individual that stated it is a bad computer. As ONEBADMK8 stated, it is rare for this to happen. Not to say that it doesn't happen, or isn't the case for you, but it could quite easily be a poor diagnosis. And you don't want to have to keep throwing money at a problem. Unless you are certain that it is the computer, you may want to get a second opinion or go somewhere else.

Members online

No members online now.
Back