Help me find some exhaust tips...

LowLincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to order all the exhaust stuff. In fact, I just placed an order for a Dynomax Ultraflow X DI-DO muffler.

The next thing on the list is stainless exhaust tips.. What would you guys buy for your G2's? I have something like this in mind, but these are a little pricey ($94 each)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-EVT80/?rtype=10
pye-evt80_w.jpg

So I am open to suggestions. Since there won't be any mufflers in the rear, the length of the tips won't matter

Honestly ...what's wrong with the stock tips?

The ones on Mark8Murders car are pretty sweet for a/m tips..and they were about $20 each on eBay.
They fit the contour of the bumper about as well as the stockers
The ones you posted have a squared appearence, which I guess would match--the radio bezel?

Honestly ...what's wrong with the stock tips?

The ones on Mark8Murders car are pretty sweet for a/m tips..and they were about $20 each on eBay.
They fit the contour of the bumper about as well as the stockers
The ones you posted have a squared appearence, which I guess would match--the radio bezel?

The stocks are not bad... but they are still stock. I'm in it to make the car look & sound nicer with some killer stainless tips.

if you do swap out the tips, i'll take your old ones off your hands. :D

I believe I see some business not far ahead :D

When I get to the exhaust, I'm going with these. Seems like DLF or someone on here has these and they seem to have a nice looking fit in the bumper cut out. They're high but.... You get what you pay for.

[url]http://www.pysales.com/iw_products.m4p.pvx?;item?ItemCode=EVT29%?company=ppe[/URL]

It is DLF that has them.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Not bad at all.. but the price is still up there with the one I posted. I'll keep these on my wish list though, just in case..

The ones on the SCed white mark look exactly like DLFs, only they don't say PYPES on them

So I'm getting ready to order all the exhaust stuff. In fact, I just placed an order for a Dynomax Ultraflow X DI-DO muffler.

The next thing on the list is stainless exhaust tips.. What would you guys buy for your G2's? I have something like this in mind, but these are a little pricey ($94 each)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-EVT80/?rtype=10
pye-evt80_w.jpg

So I am open to suggestions. Since there won't be any mufflers in the rear, the length of the tips won't matter

Nice tips. Those alone cost as much a piece as my mufflers did. :p

Mickeys2.jpg

Mickeys1.jpg

That's total opinion tho. I hate the way a round tip sounds

Exhaust systems work the same way that a wind instrument does, the overall length/bends/and end bell create the desired tone
I think once a stock tip is rebaffled a bit, they sound killer

Update!

Got my stuff installed yesterday:
DSC01617-800w.jpg

Sounds really good as well. So far I've had two compliments in traffic :cool:

DSC01617-800w.jpg

Members online

Back