Help!!! Looking for Rod bearings & Main bearings for 2002 Lincoln LS V8 3.9

easycous723

LVC Member
Reaction score
Do anyone know where I can get a complete set of rod bearings and main bearings for a 2002 lincoln ls v8 3.9 engine I've check everywhere even with Lincoln company but they want you to buy a short block engine because they have stop selling the bearings kits for the 3.9 engines but they sell em for the v6's:mad::mad::confused:, I have all the parts I need to rebuild my 3.9 except the bearings are any aftermarket kits out there or is there any other engine that uses the same main bearings and rod bearings.
Any help will be highly appreciated

CRANKSHAFT ASSEMBLY FORD LINCOLN.JPGIMAG0581.jpg

2009-12-08_190110_.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

CRANKSHAFT ASSEMBLY FORD LINCOLN.JPG

Try the same year/gen Jaguar S-Type.

This. It has yet to be verified but the general consensus, and from what research has been done, is that the bottom end bearings are the same between the Jaguar 4.0 and Lincoln 3.9. I don't think anyone's ever found out what the rod and main clearances are supposed to be on the 3.9. From everything I've ever seen or heard from anyone who has gone into the bottom end the two are essentially identical. Supposedly all the major engine differences were done on the top end.

Go to a Jaguar dealer and have them look up the bearings for a 2000-2002 Jaguar S-Type. They're going to be pricey though.

I used a 2001 Jaguar S-Type 4.0L and found the following:
Advance Auto Parts sells the Mains in a Sealed Power brand.
Napa sells both in the Sealed Power brand. You can also buy individual or sets.

Looks like $100 will get you a set of mains and rod bearings at Napa. You will need to clean up the crank and block and measure them. Make sure you torque the block down when you measure main bearing journal. Hope you got a good trustworthy bore gauge (don't use mics). If not it might be worth taking to a machine shop and seeing what they'd charge to give you some trustworthy measurements. I also always recommend getting the bottom end statically and dynamically balanced. If for nothing else then piece of mind. You can probably save yourself some coin by doing the static part at home. You'll need a machine and someone who knows what they are doing for the dynamic balance though.

This should be interesting. Finally someone might answer the question on if Jag 4.0L bearings work in the LS 3.9L. :)

I believe you'll discover interchangeability. Few places are willing to carry a stock of mains. You'll need to mix-'n'-match the individual bearing shell halves to arrive at the recommended clearances. The inserts cost about $6 each so you'll have about $60 in a complete set.

Due to this putzing around, I chose to have Moldex cut my 4.0 crank to take Honda 1.88 rod inserts and got F/M race bearings. The mains were cut to take SBF bearings and I got a set of spacer inserts to take up the extra space in the block. I'm using GRP aluminium rods and Ross pistons.

KS

I have a buddy that works in a machine shop and after I explain to him the problem that I had he's going to fix the bottom end of my Lincoln 3.9 engine using Jaguar 4.0 main bearings and he found a rod bearings from some company that he deals with, so now I can start putting this headache back together.
Thanks for all the advise..;)

SO... lets be specific:

Do the main bearings from a Jaguar 4.0L NOT fit the LS 3.9?
Do the rod bearings from a Jaguar 4.0L NOT fit the LS 3.9?

OR are you and your buddy making contingency plans for the future and for all you know the rod and main bearings work like they were made for the LS 3.9?

Trying to get solid first-hand factual data here. If you don't know that's cool but if you've tried it and it doesn't work then we'd want to know that as well. Also what application are the rod bearings from and why did he go with it? :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back