Help 01' LS8 problem

Wicked_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok guys I need some help please be serious on this issue

I have an 01' LS8 it has 76k miles on it

just recently it started to make a grinding noise coming from the drivers side of the engine and can be heard underneath as well

it also produces a peanut butter smell outside of the car that is very strong as well as in the car when the heater is on.

The smell reminds me of the grey gasket sealer you can buy. like i said smells like peanut butter.

I have no clue what it can be the oil is changed every 3k miles with either mobil 1 or royal purple.

Any help I would appreciate Thanks

That smell that you are talking about when the heater on is oil leaking from your valve cover gaskets onto your manifold. I had the exact same thing a year ago. I also have an 01 V8 Sport So it's time for you change your VCG. Contact Bill Jenkins at Team Ford. As for the grinding noise, that could be your ball bearings wearing out but I would have it check to be sure. I've had that too but it was on the back passenger side and that was what the problem was. Maybe some of the other members can chime in.

You sure its peanut butter ant not burnt toast?
Does the sound get worse when you turn the steering wheel? If so then your power steering pump is leaking.

that could be your ball bearings wearing out
Which ball bearings?

Members online

No members online now.
Back