Hello from southeast Mi (toledo area) 96 mark 8

Mad Mac

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings from the newbie....so i bought a 96 mark 8 from a lady friend of mine I originally found her the car from a coworker with 42000 on it 5 years ago. I now own it with 71000 on it. The converter was chattering bad at lockup the rear end was makin noise and the exhaust was shot from shot from 2 mile rides to her work. It had a bunch of stupid stuff wrong with it also...busted door handle door switches not working....so 500 bucks and we started the task of getting it whipped back into shape. 30165.jpg20160424_202256.jpg20160812_145152.jpg

So first cleaned it.....then a plus she has already had the air suspension replaced with strutmaster coil conversion. I bought a set of drop springs from ebiach and lowered it almost 2 " then did the mistang hub swap. Bought a 4.10 gear from ford racing....installed it along with a ford posi which needed side gears modifed to use axle cir clips so i machined the gears and got it put back in the housing. Then we built a back brace cage to keep from busting the diff cover. Then pulled trans did modest j mod and some updates and installed new 3800 stall nitrous converter, full 2.5 exhaust with no cats magnaflow mufflers and kooks headers. EGR delete, Imrc delete port matched, 255lph fuel pump, plugs and wires, 90mm mass air meter, k&n flat panel and ram air scoop into stock box machined for bigger meter, 100 shot nitrous proton plus kit, SCT flip chip tuned for 93, 110, and nitrous.

I added the cobra r wheels and we are blacking out the rest of the chrome.

Sorry to bore you with all the details its a fun project and will be a fun DD.

30165.jpg

20160424_202256.jpg

20160812_145152.jpg

We are going to be tuning the car at lidio's shop Accelerated Performance in 2 weeks excited to see what all the work will prove. I dont have time to do the cobra intake swap or i would do it since i have one already. I wana make sure i have everything before i take the top off again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back