Hello Everyone

David Jackson

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am a new member of the forum, June 30, 2016. I have a 1993 Lincoln MK VIII; actually built Dec. 1992; which I have owned since late March 1994. I got it after the dealer lent it to me over the weekend; it had 7700 miles on it then and was an "executive" car; whatever that means. It now has a little over 127,000 miles. I have had it in "Non Op" status for 8 years until a couple of days ago and I need to sort out a few things to refurbish it. I have owned the car for over 22 years but it still seems like my new car to me even though it is an old car by now. It will be fun to learn about others' MK VIIIs if there is still interest in them.
I have had a couple of Town Cars and some Sedan De Villes; my favorite was my 1970 Caddy Sedan De Ville; a good solid car with good power! I am guessing that 1969 was the peak year for those in the power department. I had a '70 Eldo too; with the miniature 500 cu. in. motor! Mine was pretty worn out though.
I have been more of a motorcycle guy in the past (just under 50 years riding) though after some broken bones, (back, ribs, arm, leg) I have hung up my mc stuff and am now going back to my car.
And that's about it folks; thanks for reading all this.

Members online

Back