Hello All! Lincoln Continental '96 1st Time Owner!

dubs

LVC Member
Reaction score
:steering

Hello All,
I'm 35 and this is the 2nd car I have every owned! :Beer
I love Lincoln Continentals! They are comfortable and very powerful.

I just bought my '96 continental for $3450 with 92,000 miles. From a scale of 1 to 5, I would give it a 3.8. There is normal wear but in over good shape.

I need advice because I am not an at home mechanic. What preventative things should I do immediately to get this car in tip top shape. (The previous owner had the car sit for months)

Currently, I need to replace both front air kits and struts. I will contact Arnott Inc (sponsered vender) for part replacement. They do offer the best price. My mechanic said they cost $500 a piece for a 96 airkit or strut. I jumped online and found the part for $189 a piece at Arnott w/lifetime warranty.

What other changes do I have to consider? Should I change the timebelt, etc
I am absolutely clueless. And I am glad that this forum exist! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

:L

:W to :V a full tune-up and changing the timing belt wouldn't hurt either

:W to LvC. There is lots of support on this site. Find your car's forum and I am sure that someone will be able to help keep your car running.

Don't worry if you're not the best at turning a wrench neither am I but many of the members on this site have helped me get my hands greasy and learn more of how to save some money keeping my Lincolns running great.

I've saved a lot of cash over the past year and owe a lot the many of the members here at LvC. :Beer

Plus I have had a lot of fun learning more about my cars.

Members online

Back