heater circuit malfunction

tripwire1124

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so the other day my engine light came on and it said heater circuit malfunction code. so i erased it and the light came on later after driving down the road. got it read again and it called for six codes. it said all four sensors were malfunctioning and two of them had the heater circuit malfunction. so i replaced all four o2 sensors and now it says that all four have heater circuit malfunctions.....now sure where to go next. possible fuse blown? not quite sure....

Always check all your fuses.

If you post the actual codes, folks (particular joe) are really helpful in pointing you to the specific diag/resolution procedure.

PS, oxygen heaters are powered by fuse 11 (15A) in the engine compartment box. They also use relay 3, but that's shared with the COPs, so that's probably not bad.

Yeah I was going to post them but I'm on my phone and notsure which the were. Ill check the fuse and ill get back, and if it is still on ill post my codes

YYup the fuse was blown....funny how someone,or it could've been me, put a two amp fuse there rather than the 15 amp. Thanks for the help!

codes

In future the codes really help with these problems. But always check the fuses first!

Lol no kidding....I mean I was going to replace the 02 sensors anyway, but I guess thats a good start haha. And tomorrow doing sway bar links struts and upper control arms so wish me luck! Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back