heated seats

pokerplayer39

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 sport v-8, (left over)... When I turn on the heated seats the shut off after a few minutes. Is this normal?? Can't find anything in the manual.

Yep, normal... My '00 runs for about 5 min then you have to reset them. What are you trying to do, fry eggs??

:)

kleetus said:
Yep, normal... My '00 runs for about 5 min then you have to reset them. What are you trying to do, fry eggs??

Nope no eggs. When I try to reset them they will not turn back on. I thought they might shut off when they hit a certain temperature.

kleetus said:

likewise... I have an old mans back and an old mans car.... J/K about the old mans car.

Same here, my 02's run for about five and shut off. At which time you can fire them back up again. But doing that can give you a bad case of swamp a$$...

FreeFaller said:
Same here, my 02's run for about five and shut off. At which time you can fire them back up again. But doing that can give you a bad case of swamp a$$...

LMAO!

:tmi:

My Mark had the option to turn on just the back w/out the seat.
Funny, I saw some dude selling a Mark one time and he didn't get how this worked. Actually posted the car indicating that both the front and back seats were heated!!!!!!! LMFAO... Just remembering that.

Anyway, My heated seats have been such a PITA... Now only the passenger side works... I said to my wife, at least you'll be able to heat your seat. She very smartly retorted "My ass is hot enough sweety... Whatca tryin to say?"

Good luck... God knows with a high temp of 12 today we could use em for more than 5 minutes.......

JC

I have an 03' w/heated seats in the front and back and I don't know about the back but on the fronts they don't shut off untill I shut them off, U should have them look at.......

Well judging on what some of hte new car owners are saying you may have a problem. You say they basically only turn on once, then that's it? What happens if you shut the car off and turn it back on, do they work or stay off? I'm thinking you may have an electrical supply problem, and the circuit breaker is opening due to a short, or at least higher than expected current, then will reclose sometime later once the CB cools off. Either way, I'd take it in and have the dealer look at it. Shorts are bad enough, but a fire under your can would be much worse!!

Mine go off if I shut the car off and do not go back on until I push them on again. That kind of stinks because I have factory auto-start and I wish when I started the car the seats would stay on... :( can't have everything I guess..

John_P007 said:
Mine go off if I shut the car off and do not go back on until I push them on again. That kind of stinks because I have factory auto-start and I wish when I started the car the seats would stay on... :( can't have everything I guess..

On my 04, if you push both heat and cool buttons at the same time, the seats heat and cool automatically. The intensity seems to match the temp set for the cabin. In other words they seem to stay on longer and cycle more if I set the cabin temp high. .

How did you learn that trick? Was it in the book? I'll have to try that? So if I hit both heat and cool at same time It auto goes on all the time? Please tell me more about this, can't wait to try it tomorrow at 5am to go to work...

John_P007 said:
How did you learn that trick? Was it in the book? I'll have to try that? So if I hit both heat and cool at same time It auto goes on all the time? Please tell me more about this, can't wait to try it tomorrow at 5am to go to work...

It is at the bottom of page 94 in my owner's manual. I missed it several times, because it is so inconspicuous.

"Automatic heated/cooled driver seat:To Engage, press the driver side heat and cool seat controls simultaneously. The center light above the driver side heated and cooled controls will illuminate ........"

It works on the pasenger side also.

And it now goes on when I use my Auto Start (which isn't working on the first try!!!)
But thank You

Members online

No members online now.
Back