heated/cooled seat fans

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
is there anyway to turn off the heated/cooled seat fans I want heated/cooled seats without the fan like in other cars I find the fans very loud and annoying

is there anyway to turn off the heated/cooled seat fans I want heated/cooled seats without the fan like in other cars I find the fans very loud and annoying

Sure, press the hot or cold button until all the lights go off.

:confused: so how do u expect to get heat up your butt?

I dont think these are like other cars, like my VW and cousin's audi where the seat gets hot like on a hot plate

Then scoot your butt around until friction heats it up :D

The fans blow hot or cold air, so you need the fans.

The air from each seat blower splits out to two TED modules, one for the seat bottom and one for the seat back.

At each TED module, the airflow splits into two again. Half the air flows over the top of the TED and half flows over the bottom. The air from the top half of each TED is ducted into the seat cushion. The air from the bottom half of each module is exhausted under the seat.

The TED module transfers heat from one of its sides to the other side. If set to heat, the top half will get hot and the bottom half will get cold. Hot air goes through the cushions, and cold air comes out under the seat. The TEDs are mini heat pumps. For cooling, they work the other way around.

There's no way for this setup to work without the fan going.

BTW, please name any car that has cooled seats that doesn't have a seat fan.

The fans are not loud lol if you have music on you can't hear them.

I'd take loud fans over non cooled seats any day. I've gotten use to the noise.

If you replace the coils, plugs, stabilizer bar links and ball joints you won't need the fans. You may need a muffler clamp!

i have mine on auto, do this by having the climate control on auto, then hit both the hot and cold seat buttons at the same time. i don't even really hear the fans, its much quieter than having the heat on full or the cooled on full... it decides to heat or cool the seat based on what you have the temp set to... love this feature.

please name any car that has cooled seats that doesn't have a seat fan.
this

every car with quiet seats only have heat. all cooled seats I've seen have had to have fans.

yes its loud, but they work 100x times better than the non cooled type.

since the OP has gotten his answer which is "no"....

can anyone tell me why Kia is making a big deal about heated/cooled seats and electronic park brake in their new cars??? Dude I've had that in my car since 03! lol

can anyone tell me why Kia is making a big deal about heated/cooled seats and electronic park brake in their new cars??? Dude I've had that in my car since 03! lol

Because our cars were over $45K new and theirs are about half that. It's a big deal for a sub $25K car.

I got those features for 11k over four years ago :D

another benefit is at the end of the day, I dont have to wash Kia off of my hands

It's a Kia. It's not like they can make a big deal out of power or longevity. When you can't make a big deal out od substance, you have to make a big deal out of fluff.

It's a Kia. It's not like they can make a big deal out of power or longevity. When you can't make a big deal out od substance, you have to make a big deal out of fluff.

Kia is not the same it was 10 years ago. The optima turbo actually makes 270hp with a curb weight of 3400lbs. That makes it faster than our LS. You can also get heated and cooled front, heated rear, navigation, xenon projectors, and brembos I think.

So yeah the it's a Kia comment doesn't really work anymore. The only thing wrong with the car is its FWD. But all the issues those early kiss had are good and they are putting quality cars on the same level as the accord and altima.

Members online

Back