Headunit choice.

maxmk8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Help me choose a head unit guys.
I'm getting somewhat fed up with My sony CDX Mp 850 since i always have to use the remote.

I've been looking at the Alpine CDA-9835. Seems like i can get one for around $300.

h500CDA9835.jpe

Or perhaps the Alpine 7998 model, but probably not since i think it looks hideous, in its retracted state and due to the fact that the screen is bigger than the actual headunit.

h500cda7998-f.jpe

The one i really like is the Sony CDX-M9900 due to its diplay, but that one sells for more than $400 usually.

h158CDXM990-f.jpe

I'm also not very sure about the Clarion ProAudio DXZ945MP since i have a feeling that touch screen might break like those panasonic models.

h020DXZ945.jpe

Any input and suggestions are welcome.

Im a Sony guy and have never had a problem to this day with a Sony unit. Home or car audio. . .

maxmk8 ~ Help me choose a head unit guys.
I'm getting somewhat fed up with My sony CDX Mp 850 since i always have to use the remote.

^ I know what you mean about that. But I like mine to much. Becoz when you look through my dark windows. (If you can) It looks like a lil cubbie. Plus thats what I wanted and paid for!

Last edited:
Yea i'm satisfied with it but i need a new unit for my other car since it doesn't even have a cd player (thank you 27k original MSRP 98 Crown Vic). So i'll put my sony unit in there but get something else for myself.
There are 3 things that bother me about my sony though
1. It is silver which doesn't really match my interior
2. It stands out from the dash, too much.
3. I've noticed that i can't turn it down to really really quiet and when it is at a quiet level i can hear a slight hissing noise like a tape that has been used to often. But it think this is due to the fact that i'm running it with my cars stock amp. But when i turn it up it sounds nice.

Members online

Back