Heads up LVC!!!

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
We have another douche on lvc! After reading how some people would get ripped off on here & feeling bad for them well now add me to that list because we have another one! 'diskfunktional' the dude with the silver gen1 lse ripped me off :mad: I'm the one that bought his gen1 lse two tone tails. He took me for $200. Well it was mostly my fault for trusting in his giving word! It was easy for me to trust in him because he sent me the tails when I didn't even pay him(at the time I didn't have the money & told him so he said we can exchange tails for now & he will expect the money in a week) so I assumed he was good on his word. well to make a long story short he was growing very bitchy!!! When the check I sent him that was in the mail wasn't arriving so I told him I could wire him the money & he could just rip up the check, something he him self told me he would do. Well just a couple of days ago after MONTHS! he cashed it. This is why it's so hard to trust people on the forum because of guys like him. All I have on him is his name

Michael jasinski, never kept his phone # or address...just watch out for this guy because I know he's tried to either buy or sell things on here. The guy logs in just about every day! Some people just have no self respect.

Are you certain that he ever received the check? Is it possible that someone else found it (put in the wrong mailbox) and cashed it?

You could have put a stop payment on the check, but that may have cost you a fee to do that. I have been in various conversations with Disk via PM, I would trust him. I wonder what the signature is on the back of the check... maybe you can take it up with the bank as a forgery, if he really didn't cash it like mentioned in the previous post.

Edit: Your bank should be able to tell you if the depositor's name matched who you made it out to.

Are you certain that he ever received the check? Is it possible that someone else found it (put in the wrong mailbox) and cashed it?

Chances of this are pretty low if the check was made out to him, a bank wouldn't cash a check for someone without ID - plus you usually have to have an account.

I think stop payments are usually $15.

Many ATM's accept check deposits now without ID, just need your debit card (i.e an account like stated above).

Anyone could have went to an ATM and did a deposit without talking to a teller.

The bank would be able to tell if the "name made out to" on the check matched the depositors name and then address the issue if a mis-match.

I'd never take someones word that they "ripped up" a check. They could cash it a year later in hope you didn't notice.

Id talk to your bank about it. See if it was a legit deposit. If HE actually deposited into his own account. not much u can do. (out of the courts anyway) Did you wire the money to him directly? or paypal?

:Dnice thing is you can prob sell the two tone taillights for 400 and get all your money back

Chances of this are pretty low if the check was made out to him, a bank wouldn't cash a check for someone without ID - plus you usually have to have an account.

Unfortunately, that's easy to get around. You or someone else sign the back of the check with the name it's written out to. Now you take it to the bank and say (if they even ask) that it was endorsed over to you. They will cash it if they can put it against your checking account. I deposit 3rd party checks every now and then, and I've never been questioned about.

Is it really $15 by you? It's $35 in NY.

I'd never take someones word that they "ripped up" a check. They could cash it a year later in hope you didn't notice.

Most checks can't be cashed after about 6 months.

Yup not getting a stop payment was a huge risk. But why didn't you wire inthe first place? I bet you paid $20 for the wire.

And like another said, paypal would've been better.

But I understand you thought he was trustworthy, i mean he posted often and it is crazy to tarnish your online name forever over 200 smacks.

Check for more than a stop payment fee, lost in the mail, and no stop payment......please.

Yeah the check was in his name & I talked to my bank, nothing I can do. They said he cashed it & I know he got it because he told me he had it & he was going to destroy it. I wired the money to him threw western union. He never accepted paypal because you know why? This is the funny part! Because he said "he's been scamed before" so he didn't have a paypal account anymore...lame & yes I know I should have put a stop to the check that was a big mistake on my part, but like I said the guy just seemed honest & trust worthy so I trusted him & thought I would save a little on the stop charge. That little charge beats a $200 lesson. You live & learn...Just watch out fellas. Don't do business with this guy.

Yeah the check was in his name & I talked to my bank, nothing I can do. They said he cashed it & I know he got it because he told me he had it & he was going to destroy it. I wired the money to him threw western union. He never accepted paypal because you know why? This is the funny part! Because he said "he's been scamed before" so he didn't have a paypal account anymore...lame & yes I know I should have put a stop to the check that was a big mistake on my part, but like I said the guy just seemed honest & trust worthy so I trusted him & thought I would save a little on the stop charge. That little charge beats a $200 lesson. You live & learn...Just watch out fellas. Don't do business with this guy.

Well that negates my comments. You could probably win in small claims court, but you'd have to do it in his town. My guess is that it's not worth it.
Sorry to hear, and thanks for the warning.

$15 is what we charge at my place of work. I think my personal bank may be $20. Though there may be some extension fees. Not sure as I never had to issue one as I don't really use checks.

Is it really $15 by you? It's $35 in NY.

Most checks can't be cashed after about 6 months.

I should've known that, but in my defense I havn't written a check in a loooong time.

Yeah not worth it...and I don't ever use checks either this was like my first time in years that I ever wrote one out. Anyways Ive done multiple deals on here & everything went smooth LVC is usually full of honest guys but guys like this really screw things up!

At least you got the lenses... and learned something :) ... thanks for the heads up... We need to start a thread. call it the "untrustables"

Why didn't you just fedex it or paypal. I will never send a check through the post office again. I sent a 1k money order and they lost it for a week. I was lucky they found it and the guy just went to pick it up instead of having them deliver. That same week I sold some stuff and an older guy not having a paypal sent me a money order, they lost it too. It as lost for 3 weeks and then out of the blue it was on it's way back to the sender because it had not been delivered or picked up, thanks usps.

This sucks that it happened to you. Hopefully there was a confusion. Maybe it was delivered but he didn't see and found it in his house months later thinking "hey good thing I found this check" but not realizing it was yours and should've ripped it up.

Did you try contacting him again?

He is online right and his profile says he is reading this thread. Maybe he will explain himself

If he doesn't and you got screwed that sucks. Never ever do an online transaction without paypal being involved. That's my rule of thumb

Hopefully this is some kind of misunderstanding and gets resolved. Things like this bring down the morale of the entire site. As bullschmidt said, Paypal should always be used.

When I bought my headlight from a member. We had an written agreement in an email.

"As we discussed earlier today the details of our transaction are as follows:

You send $70 to me by walmart moneygram.
I send the Lincoln LS headlight pictured earlier to you at the address provided (below).
Upon receipt of the headlight you send another $70 to me by walmart moneygram."

That way it leaves documentation for both people and if needed can be used later if needed.

When I start selling the heatshields I am developing I will use PayPal only, or cash if the people are local. Checks suck and I cant believe they still exist. I was behind someone at Hy-Vee the other day and they were writing a check. It took forever to write it and when they left I asked the cashier "poeple still write checks?". She said I'd be suprised how many people still do, mostly older people.

He is online right and his profile says he is reading this thread. Maybe he will explain himself

If he doesn't and you got screwed that sucks. Never ever do an online transaction without paypal being involved. That's my rule of thumb

he jumped off pretty quick... hopefully he calls/PMs you soon.... that sucks otherwise

^^^^ Yeah, most older than haven't really adapted to all the technology around them. My parent have probably have never heard of paypal and if they ever want to buy anything online, I always buy it for them and pay me because they dont knw how and dont trust using credit cards online.

Members online

No members online now.
Back