Headlights

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I put new silvania silverstar headlights in and i dont see much improvement so i think its time to clean my headlights or get them reaimed.. Where do i got to get them reaimed? and i was also looking nto getting new headlamps in generall that are just clean and clear.. wheere would i look for 94 i cant find them anywere? and do you think i could get them through a dealer?

lilwheezy75 said:
wheere would i look for 94 i cant find them anywere? and do you think i could get them through a dealer?
Yes you can get them through the dealer ship nice and clear and full of chrome, but I'll check tomarrow but ya I get at you bout it.

Good luck finding them new. You're talking about way obsolete equipment. Here's what to do:

Get some Meguires Plast-X plastic cleaner/ polish
Get some fine sandpaper, 2000 grit.
Get some rubbing compund
Get an electric drill with polishing ends. You can do it by hand, but electric buffer/ etc. will yield better results.

First, go at the lights with the rubbing compund.

Then, using the very fine sand paper and a rag soaked in water, LIGHTLY sand the light. Keyword: lightly. Use water very liberally.

When you're done with the wet sanding, dry the light very well.

Finally, go at it with the Meguires Plast-X.

After you're done, I recommend finding some kind of other plastic polish and go with two light coats.

As for aiming, drive up to a wall on a flat surface. Park about 10 feet away from the wall. Using a deep socket set (probably 10mm), aim the lights. Some Lincolns come with a leveler built into the lamp. Just keep the little bubble in the middle. You can do it youself, it's quite easy...

i dotn trust myself sanding my headlights.. i heard of so many people messing them up that way... So im not even going to try.

Members online

No members online now.
Back