Headlight upgrade

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a question, but i also thought ide update you guys on how my tune up went today wit my 94 ... well it costed me 250 total.. for a complete tune up.. it seems that the car has neve had a tune up n everything was bone stock since it came from the factory in 94... so I had to pay to get air filter, oil filter, condensor, spark plugs n wires replaced n my dist. cap..... hopefuly i get sum better gas milage! ( i have pictures, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1433275)

But to my question, iM looking to upgrade my headlights in the 94 continental.. the headlights just dont seem to bee satisfying.. i want something bright and powerful any one do this to there cars.. is there any special work i need to do or do they sell those bright xenon, plasma, or whatever they are bulbs for that car.. if you have n e idea where.. can you help me out.. Thanks soo much

Will

Those fake "blues" that you can find at Wal-Mart or Autozone for $20 will fit in with no mods. They MAY be illegal in your area as they are in mine, so check your laws.

But if you're interested in an HID kit, you can get a wiring conversion kit like this on eBay. The kit replaced your old bulb size with a true-HID bulb. If you've never experienced HID's. you don't know what you're missing and they're worth the money...

get silverstarts from autozone advance parts america pep boys etc... they are street legal and still have a blue look to them and you can still see good as well.

yea i think im going to go witht the Silverstars.. there pretty inexpensive and look pretty bright.. Ide do the HID but its too much money for me right now.

Go with the silverstars they are the best you can get without going HID. HID would be way to expensive in your car not only do you need the ballast and bulbs you do not have clear headlights which would make hid not work well and putting HID bulbs in your headlight housing is illegal and it would blind oncoming drivers unless you did it right and installed projectors.

Oo alrright, yea i didnt know about all that.. i dont know too much when it comes to the headlights.. someone told me today to go with PIAA's because they have a good warranty.. but then there also 80 bucks.. and the Silverstars are 40.. i can get em on ebay for even cheaper. And are they an easy install or is there any special adjustments i have to make?

I would go with the Silverstars (Actually I did because I use them in my car heh) They are imo the best Halogen lights you can get. There isn't anything special to install them just remove the old bulb and install the silverstar just make sure WHATEVER you do, do not touch the glass of the bulb anywhere with your hands and try not to let it touch anything else as that kills the life of the bulb so if you can handle it by the black plastic at the end.

Members online

No members online now.
Back