Heading Home!!

kustomizingkid

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked up Darrens new Mark VIII... Driving home as I type, or the delightful Betsy Venn is hahahahaha...

Things are going smoothly, but the car has a few issues.

Door Handles are broken, air ride isn't working, abs light is on, and the message center buttons have a mind of their own... super weird.

And the seat tracks and taillight ballast are out :p.

Stoked for the car to get here, have a safe rest of the trip and thanks again for taking the time to do this for me. Next time I'm coming with :D

Well... unfortunately it's made it most of the way home but will have to make it the rest of the way like this:
PART951306417748182.jpg

That's right... on snowflakes :p. In all seriousness, the air ride issue is mildly concerning. The bags hold air okay but the compressor won't come on and there's a check air ride message... My understanding is the compressor and a relay have been swapped out with no improvement. Brandon thinks it might be the computer?

It gets and instant check air ride message as soon as you start the car, and yes, the relays and compressors have been swapped.

Its a little lower now...

I wonder if the rear sensor is bad?

Would that cause the compressor to not come on at all though? I feel like if the car was slammed in the back that might be more likely... but I don't claim to know the most about it.

It was working fine up until a couple weeks ago when the check air ride message came on and the compressor wouldn't kick in. Thank god the bags weren't crap, it wouldn't have made it nearly this far.

USUALLY (not always) an instant check air ride message on a car with a known good pump would indicate a sensor failed. I had this problem when I replaced my rear shocks and didnt notice the rear sensor came apart. The system would run for a second and then give me the error and the tail was stuck. I noticed the sensor had folded in half so I fixed it and all was good.

I have another module here that seems to work if you need it.

USUALLY (not always) an instant check air ride message on a car with a known good pump would indicate a sensor failed. I had this problem when I replaced my rear shocks and didnt notice the rear sensor came apart. The system would run for a second and then give me the error and the tail was stuck. I noticed the sensor had folded in half so I fixed it and all was good.

I have another module here that seems to work if you need it.

Cool, thanks. There's enough quirky issues with the car to make me think that there may be some deeper electrical issues as well... thankfully that's my specialty. Just gotta cross my fingers it makes it home (soooooo close now) so I can dig into it with a service manual and a meter and see what's up when I get home from work.

I will look into the sensor as well.

Hard fault.
That sucks, bags must also have a small leak, air ride has been off.

Hard fault.
That sucks, bags must also have a small leak, air ride has been off.

Yeah... emphasis on small though. It's sat for a couple weeks and been alright... I guess putting 1800 miles on it in a couple days was a little hard on it... hahaha. We'll get it figured out.

Yep all that bouncing around, moving them cracks.

Brandon has pumps, parts you will figure it out, all in the fun of having a Lincoln.
That is if you can keep Brandon on task, and not on the delightful Betsy Venn.

You could prob take out the inner fender lining and push out most of that dent.

I'm sure we'd all love some more pics when it gets home.

You could prob take out the inner fender lining and push out most of that dent.

I'm sure we'd all love some more pics when it gets home.

For sure. I'd like to at least do something with it. The problem is the door dent is pretty nasty so it still isn't gonna look great. I'm going to get all of that taken care of and repaint the whole thing someday... but there's a lot of things it needs before I start worrying about cosmetics.

Last I heard from Brandon, it was more or less slammed... haven't heard anything since. I figured he'd be getting home somewhere around nowish, hope everything's alright.

Edit: scratch that last bit. All is well.

lol, i didn't even notice the door.

I'll blame it on sitting off center to the comp screen.

Darren, Bill might be right. The height sensors were never checked. The compressor is an Arnott that isn't very old. It did work fine. Those bags held air for 8 months that I had the car. As far as the buttons go, It seems that the buttons do the function that the button to the right of it should do. Weird. I do have another set of buttons that I wanted to give to you butBrandon was in such a hurry to get out of here that I didn't have time to give them to him. If you need them I will send them to you. When I had the car, I never had an ABS light on or a CEL light on. I only drove the car about 100 miles the whole time I owned it. I really don't think it has any electrical issues other than a possible ride height sensor and the buttons themselves. I wish you the best of luck with it and please call me if you need anything.

Members online

No members online now.
Back