Headers In!

Dizzledude

LVC Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys enjoy the pics. I also just wanted to let anyone know who is planning on doing this to be prepared to do the impossible. I do not plan on doing this ever again.: :D

Header Paint.JPG

Header pic #1.JPG

Header pic #2.JPG

Header pic#3.JPG

Header pic #4.JPG

Header pic #5.JPG

Header pic #6.JPG

Header pic #7.JPG

Header pic #8.JPG

EGR Tube pic #1.JPG

Primered EGR Tube.JPG

Black EGR Tube.JPG

Stock Manifold.JPG

Manifold Removed.JPG

Manifold Removed #2.JPG

Header In #1.JPG

Header In #2.jpg

Headers with Cats. #1.jpg

Headers with Cats. #2.JPG

H-pipe.jpg

Nice work man thats really going to sound nice post a video soon.

Good to see you kept the cats...are they hi-flow??

NIce. Please post up dyno numbers or track times to see what they were worth.

I will see what I can do. I'm still in the process of finding a place that has an inexpensive dyno.

Good to see you kept the cats...are they hi-flow??

I believe they are. They are the 95000 series magnaflows I got from my job. Either way they will do the job. ;)

Nice work man thats really going to sound nice post a video soon.

I will try and post a video as soon I get the exhaust finished up. A local shop is gonna do it for $140. The only thing is he is really busy all the time. I made an appointment yesterday and it looks like it wont be done until June 6th. :rolleyes:

That is simply fantastic!! ++1 on the Dyno. How long did the project take and did you do it yourself? Can you give any details on the major obsticles?

That is simply fantastic!! ++1 on the Dyno. How long did the project take and did you do it yourself? Can you give any details on the major obsticles?

The project took me 2 complete days and 3 late nights. One of my friends helped with the header install, but I did the removal of everything myself. This was by far the hardest project I've taken on due to the lack of space. I had to do I slight trim on the top of the motor mount on the passenger side so the header would clear. The starter was the reason why I missed my first appointment on May 16th due to the fact I couldn't get the starter back in. I had to buy special tools just to tighten the mounting bolts. One thing I just remembered is that the egr tube that came with the headers wouldn't mount with my 1st gen egr tube. They are two completely different setups. If you look at the egr tube in my pics, they are flanged. My original tube screws directly onto the passenger side manifold. I had to rig it for now so it wouldn't leak. :D

Nice, looks like you've been hard at work. I'd say you could've got that done in 45 minutes if you really wanted to.;):D:shifty:

Video! Also, dyno numbers won't mean anything unless you ran it previously before the header install.. nice job tho!

Good work! Did you get a dyno pull before the headers? Did it change the exhaust tone a lot, a little, or no change?

Are these the ones that have been passed through like 5 people on here?

If so, nice to finally see them being used. Sick!

Are these the ones that have been passed through like 5 people on here?

If so, nice to finally see them being used. Sick!

Yes they were. I have to say that I can understand why they were never installed. Just one look at what you have to do to get them in is scary. Without the help of my friend it would've been impossible to get them in. As of right now, I am having a "battery holding a charge" issue that has become very annoying. I will get it resolved before my appointment though. ;)

Very nice! Hopefully they last a very long time since it was so difficult to do. They should pair well with the cat-back system. I couldn't justify the cost of the cat-back when you're still leaving one of the most restrictive points in the car (though our stock exhaust setup is pretty decent for stock engine/power). Spray some nitrous and really take advantage of them! :)

Do you have O2 simulators for the monitors?

No. I just extended the 02 sensor wiring. That's about all I've done concerning that.

Wow - you've earned an LS Wrencher Purple Heart for that!

Thanx. It was a lot of hard work, but hopefully it will all pay off in the end.

Hard to tell from the pictures but do they hang low??? Is your car lowered???
The pictures are may just be deceiving because it looks like the headers are not too low, but the cats look low???

The car isn't lowered, but the headers definitely come down a little lower than the stock manifolds and cats. Shorter tubes would have been nice, but I'm not crying over spilled milk. :p

Video! Also, dyno numbers won't mean anything unless you ran it previously before the header install.. nice job tho!

I was going to just go off the base numbers for a stock LS and judge it from there. I've never had a car that was worth being on a dyno before. Whatever the results may be I guess I will just have to be happy with the sound. :D

Good work! Did you get a dyno pull before the headers? Did it change the exhaust tone a lot, a little, or no change?

No I didn't. I'm try to start saving a little money because I am planning on going back to school this fall. The tone right now is really loud due to the fact I have no exhaust in. I think when I get my h-pipe and magnaflows in it will have a nice deep tone. Right now though it shakes the ground under my feet. :D

Also curious what had to be modified for clearance.

Any updates? Is the exhaust complete? Dyno? Vid with audio?

The exhaust was done on June 6th, but I have unfortunately discovered some leakage on the passenger side. That side is going to have to come down again. I'm not excited to re-do this side. I will post vids as soon as I fix the issue.

Also curious what had to be modified for clearance.

One edge on top of the motor mount had to be trimmed down 3/16 of an inch. It didn't appear that it would have an effect on the structural integrity of the mount so I did what I had to do. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back