HD lip

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing this. Looks way better than it did 20 minutes before the pics lol. I still have to add double sided tape in some areas to smooth it out better

Awwww Yeeaaah! New front lip is hyea (here)

2011-05-16150726.jpg

2011-05-16150745.jpg

ls_lip.jpg

new_lip.jpg

Looks good.You LS is cleaning up nicely.

not to thread jack but i noticed you smoked the fogs. does it still produce a useable amount of light?

Couple things..
I know you're not the first but I really like how you color matched the oem grille waterfall. Another thing I like is the tinted fogs, I have mine done as well and tinted them to dark as possible bc I dont even use the fogs anyways.
I am not a huge fan of the lip but its growing on me.. Only thing I can see that I dont like is that its kinda like warped or bent around the center. But like I said its growing on me.

You're LS is looking really nice though!

Thanks.

The fogs have vinyl (light smoke) on them. Hid's behind them. Not great for me to drive with fogs alone at night anymore, but they are still good for reflecting off of signs and tail lights/reflectors

I was going to switch back to clear but the fogs need some tlc/replacing

@soopa, it isn't completely finished yet. I have to add double sided tape to the areas that are warped looking.

I also had my fogs super dark (when I sprayed them), but the paint started to look ugly after a while so I took that off and got the vinyled, even tho they aren't as dark as I wanted them to be lol

oh ok i havent ever seen transparent vinyl before. any chance you could ask them how much to precut a set and ship to the dallas tx area?

Lamin x is transparent film and they come in different colors (red, light smoke, smoke, blue, yellow)

@soopa, it isn't completely finished yet. I have to add double sided tape to the areas that are warped looking.

I also had my fogs super dark (when I sprayed them), but the paint started to look ugly after a while so I took that off and got the vinyled, even tho they aren't as dark as I wanted them to be lol

This is what I want to do except I want the center where the light shines through to be clear. Basically the black vinyl would match my paint & the center would have a clear circle. It would sort of give it the look of the LSE fogs, but be flush with the bumper. I just can't find anyone to do it.

They are black in the link just to show the shape, they dont come black painted. They have a 6% tint as one option, or you can just paint them yourself with black spray paint

@ manoli. i didnt have any tape lol, but, i did add several more screws to correct as much of the "lag" in the lip as possible. so now it looks better than in the pics (smoother). also, did u use any screws or only tape?
mine is set a little further back than yours is
o yea, sorry for the wait lol.

Looks good.:)

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Had to do it in black. I am OCD. :rolleyes:

ls_lip.jpg

new_lip.jpg

lol thanks. on my phone, the paint edit wont go black for some reason, only dark blue or brown

Members online

Back