Harmonic Balancer

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had this issue happen on there older 302. I bought my 84 totalled and frame swapped it to get her back on the road. With 56805 miles on it when I fixed it and just over 60k now its had a consistent few quirks that I want to get solved. One being a slight vibration I suspected to be a bent crank pully, being a front collision maybe it got bumped on impact by the fan shroud that was jambed up good when I got it. The pulley did seem to be bent but I switched it with a extra and it seems to be the same. Pretty much decided a balancer would be next. Another issue being a lack of higher rpm power, she just falls flat if you push it. Solid low end power but just but the more you put the throttle down it starts to bog out almost. My brother called me today and said he read a article that talked about how when a balancer gets old not only can it obviously get out of balance but the outer ring can actually spin some. With the timing marks being on the outer ring that would make what would seems like be correct timing actually be off. This could explain the lack of power.

Would be great if a simple new balancer fixes both issues.

Anyone have this happen or hear of this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back