Happy Birthday

HANG THE EXPENSE

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Today is Ronald Reagans' 100th Birthday.Being as old as I am ,I remember what a great president he was and what a privilege it was to serve in the Army with Ronald Reagan as my commander in chief.I just know he was a Lincoln man.

Ya I was a kid growing up in a Regan America. And with him in the Oval Office it gave me such hope and pride in my country. It made me feel that I had a great future ahead of me! Regan was to my generation as what Kennedy was to my parents generation. Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Im 35 so I also remember Reagan's presidency. I was pretty young so didn't care much for how he ran a country, but I have always thought of him as our last respectable president. It seems they've just gone down hill continuisly since Ronald's Reign.

5 year old

Im 35 so I also remember Reagan's presidency. I was pretty young so didn't care much for how he ran a country, but I have always thought of him as our last respectable president. It seems they've just gone down hill continuisly since Ronald's Reign.

Compared to todays resident of the white house Ronald Reagan was tops in just about everything he did.I didnt read about what kind of president Ronald Reagan was from some textbook in some gubmint school.I lived it like so many others of my generation.I just pray we can survive the next 2 years.

he was the greatest since Jefferson, we would be far better off if we elected men and women of honor such as him. God bless Ronald Reagan!

My first vote for President was for Reagan in 1984. Happy Birthday "Gipper".

he may have been a better human being than other presidents,but i dont care what a man does personally,i care how he runs the country, and clinton far exceeded reagan as far as running this country.
Reagan did ok, but this country was much better under clinton.

just sayin'

he may have been a better human being than other presidents,but i dont care what a man does personally,i care how he runs the country, and clinton far exceeded reagan as far as running this country.

just sayin'

learn history!

Reagan As a person was a great President and the military prospered and our military power. But I did not and never will agree with trickle down economics. Economically the country prospered better under Clinton. The rich need to pay the same % we do or more. Including SS. They should pay on all they earn and there would be no short fall for the baby boomer's. The working class will get shafted on our ss retirement. If Bush didn't give the big tax cuts to the rich they wouldn't have added to the deficit during the good time. It's a given the deficit will go up during the bad times. All the things that lead to our latest recession started with Reagan.

Reagan As a person was a great President and the military prospered and our military power. But I did not and never will agree with trickle down economics. Economically the country prospered better under Clinton. The rich need to pay the same % we do or more. Including SS. They should pay on all they earn and there would be no short fall were us the baby boomer working class will get shafted on our ss retirement. If Bush didnt give the big tax cuts to the rich they wouldn't have added to the deficit during the good time. It's a given the deficit will go up during the bad times. All the things that lead to our latest ressession started with Reagan.

+ 100 trillion

So true and it would seem we have failed to heed it with the current resident.I doubt he could run a one man hotdog stand and the country gave him the consent to govern.

No, we failed to heed it with the former president, and so we took a chance on "change", when all is failing,the brave try something new.

ok, enough political, lets get back to mark 8s :D

just sayin'

I have to take issue with the above comment, not you as a person, but at the idea that that womanizing maniac was good for the country.

I served during the clinton era, from 92 to 96. In 93 a selection of my closest friends and I were sent to a little country on the horn of Africa to further the political ambitions of the president. 12 of my friends gave their lives as a result of that incompetent fool that was in the White House. All to make him look like a military leader in the eyes of the public. With clinton, more than any other president, we became the united nations military response team any time they needed us. I will never forgive him for the unnecessary loss of life.

There are just wars, and injust wars. I will not debate wether the current conflicts are either because I did not have to go to either. But I will say that the one I got sent to was one of the injust conflicts.

How's that cigar billy?!

God bless the 75th, my heart is ALWAYS with you.

I'm not picking sides since both presidents had different ways of ruling and both were good presidents but no one can deny that facts on paper that during Clinton's term deficient went down and his supporters when up... which I think is the only president to do that. Reagan may had been a better person.
Edit: Just noticed it's posted under Mark VIII. Huh?

?

I'm not picking sides since both presidents had different ways of ruling and both were good presidents but no one can deny that facts on paper that during Clinton's term deficient went down and his supporters when up... which I think is the only president to do that. Reagan may had been a better person.
Edit: Just noticed it's posted under Mark VIII. Huh?

I posted this thread because of his birthday and that he was a Lincoln man.Maybe not Mark 8s but back in the day.

Well I liked him. I grew up with Ray-gun too and liked him as a kid and more so as an adult. When he was in office my entire family did the best, had better homes, better jobs and disposable income. Felt safe with him running the country. Wish we had another like him. :flag:

This kind of thread can GTFO the Mark VIII forum, there's another cesspool it belongs in.

Reagan was a piece of :q:q:q:q. When I go to Washington DC, I go to Dulles, not Reagan International.

Obama is a piece of chit. You are an idiot. Go back to sucking his cawk.

NOW we can go back to Marks. :D

Members online

Back