Guy claims he has seen 200 V-8 continentals and all burn oil, comments?

S

scott9050

I will not post the link because I do not want to start a flame war there, but one of our club members bought a nice 1995 Continental and another person there is trying to claim he has seen 200 cars and every one of them burned massive amounts of oil and was a piece of junk. What are you comments on it?

scott9050 said:
I will not post the link because I do not want to start a flame war there, but one of our club members bought a nice 1995 Continental and another person there is trying to claim he has seen 200 cars and every one of them burned massive amounts of oil and was a piece of junk. What are you comments on it?

No, he was thinking of the NorthStars...

Probably either not a ford fan or happened to have had a problem with a conti and says there all like that.

it may be a mix up I have heard lots and seen even more northstars burn oil
my 4.6 has never burned a drop

dertyclown said:
it may be a mix up I have heard lots and seen even more northstars burn oil
my 4.6 has never burned a drop

Supposedly northstars also need to have there coolant and tranny fluid changed often/regularly or they have problems. But if you do they run very reliably.

I Have The Same Problem On My 1998 Continental, It Has 128 K On It Though. And V8 4.6 Engine. I Don't Know What To Do .

YERBOL said:
I Have The Same Problem On My 1998 Continental, It Has 128 K On It Though. And V8 4.6 Engine. I Don't Know What To Do .
my 95 continental has
144K on it
i get the oil changed every 4,000 miles with mobile on full syn 5w30
and the oil looks almost as clean going out as it dose going in

Members online

No members online now.
Back