Group Buy Forged Rods

centason

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but this will come for some good new, well at least halfway. I have been speaking with Tom Molnar about designing a forged rod for the LS. For those of you who don't know who Tom is, he started Oliver in 81 and K-1 Rods. He left K-1 when wiseco bought them out. He's out on his own now. He's been doing it for over 30+ years, so he's doing something right. Now for the group buy. I will send him a rod. He will design an H-Beam rod for forced induction use. Weight matched sets within 2 grams. Magnafluxed, heat treated and shot peened. If I can get 5 he'll do it for $500 a set with custom designed asymmetrical ARP 2000 bolts. I'm putting my neck out here knowing how it works around here with people putting stuff out there and nothing coming of it. It will be Tom's design, with input from me. If there are any Jag guys that want a set he is willing to do groups for those too. I know that this is only half this issue with forged pistons not available, but I'm working on that right now as well. I am also working with him for a treatment process for making our cranks stronger as well. Nitride only does the outer surface, and cryo is just hype. I'm looking into this with Tom as a full strengthening throughout and getting a better grain structure. Right now it's just Rods, but pistons shouldn't be but 3-4 months out for forced induction and nitro use.

Very cool!!! Alax should be instantly interested. I would but I am not having my engine dropped out(where was this a year and a half ago.....LOL). .

I'm in!

I was going to do it later on, in a year or so, but I'm in if you do the work now :D

So am I the only other one interested in this?

Well im next in line for that too :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back