Got the 98 LSC on a scale

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Was in the industrial part of town replacing my comcast cable box and decided to stop by the local dump facility which is nearby to weigh my 98 LSC. Car is on the 19 ADR M-Sports and had about 3 gallons of gas. I was surprised to see the curb weight at only 3700lbs even... My GTO weighs 3610 with some minor weight reduction.

Was in the industrial part of town replacing my comcast cable box and decided to stop by the local dump facility which is nearby to weigh my 98 LSC. Car is on the 19 ADR M-Sports and had about 3 gallons of gas. I was surprised to see the curb weight at only 3700lbs even... My GTO weighs 3610 with some minor weight reduction.

That is surprising. Mine was over that with the stock 16" wheels and air suspension. I don't think that the weight has changed much since the coil conversion but with the minis up front now, it's probably closer to what you weigh now. So much for the "heavy wheels" theory regarding your 1/4 mile times. :p

I can't remember what the hell it weighed but I know it was 37xx#

Well the wheels are definitely heavier than the stock 16 inch chrome 10 spokes, as are the 19 inch tires.

I've have mine ready to go to the drag strip. Light weight tires in the front and the passenger seat and rear seat remove. I happened to stop at a junk yard to look around the other day and they had a scale. 3640 with out me so about 3850 with me. Less than I thought.

I've have mine ready to go to the drag strip. Light weight tires in the front and the passenger seat and rear seat remove. I happened to stop at a junk yard to look around the other day and they had a scale. 3640 with out me so about 3850 with me. Less than I thought.

So Don, how was the car setup as far as weight when you ran your 11.66?

5ca23050.jpg

That's my car last year, pretty much stock as far as weight goes...

What a bunch of lightweights. :p

Last heavyweight shootout, mine weighed 4160 with me in it! :eek:

Considering I'm 240ish, that puts the car at 3920 with 1/2 tank fuel, empty trunk and light race wheels/tires.

What a bunch of lightweights. :p

Last heavyweight shootout, mine weighed 4160 with me in it! :eek:

Considering I'm 240ish, that puts the car at 3920 with 1/2 tank fuel, empty trunk and light race wheels/tires.

Not sure how that's possible. I don't have any weight reduction except no cats and empty trunk.

Now curiosity has gotten the best of me. I should go weigh-in on the new suspension setup and lightweight minis up front. Previously I weighed 4040# with me in the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back