Got some new toys!

01lssport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up some new rims today. I need to get some tires this weekend. I was thinking of going with 245/35 20s. Not to sure about what brand of tire to go with though. Any help would be great, thanks.
IMG00035-20090731-2156.jpg

I also bought a new car for my wife, Mazda CX-9 grand touring edition. Came with 20s, 3.7 liter 273 hp, navigation, leather, third row seating, heated seats, bose audio system and moon roof.
IMG00030-20090729-1540.jpg

IMG00030-20090729-1540.jpg

IMG00035-20090731-2156.jpg

Isn't the offset 49 on those wheels? Maybe you can do 255/30/20, will look better on your lowered car and I don't think that it will rub.

I have continental extreme touring on the rims I am installing later today on my ls, but then I live in wisconsin and they are a beast in the snow. Had them on my taurus and it would go thruogh the snow like an suv.

I thought this was going to be a boobies thread... 2 thumbs DOWN.

:p

esalomander has those wheels. They look very nice in pictures. Would love to see them in person.

They are Jaguar XK replicas. You can get them on ebay. I actually went to the place that makes them to see how legit it was. They are actually really nice wheels. We will see how long the chrome lasts. If it starts to peel I will powercoat them. You will need four fronts which will cost you a little more because they have to split up a set.

Looking forward seeing the wheels on your car.
You should go with Sumitomo. They make extremely good tires.(wet, dry, snow).

Go with the Sumotomo tires..prolly the best bang for the buck..I run the HTRZ II's because of the good looking tread pattern but the III's run about the same price..Tire rack has the 2 for about $135 shipped to your door and will be there in a day or so

They have a 49mm offset, so rubbing will not be a problem. I used to have some 20" Foose speedsters with the 42mm offset and they rubbed slightly in the rear on bumps.

I went with the 245/35 20's. When I was ordering them it never crossed my mind that you said the 255/30 might fit. I had been to about six places pricing them so when it finally came down to it I was in the zone of just getting them ordered. Everybody wanted over 700.00 with mounting and balancing for Falkin's.

Finally got my tires mounted yesterday. Haven't had a chance to wash her yet. Here is a quick picture though.

a.jpg

a.jpg

Wheels look great. I wanted to ask, what do you think of the CX9? I am looking at one for my wife as well? Did you buy a new one? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back